PDA

View Full Version : How Will You Present Your AInk Ornaments?

mahodgman
12-05-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm planning to give some of these ornaments away as gifts this year. I'm curious how others will do the presentation. I'm sure I don't have a ton of little boxes the right size. Please tell me your ideas.

flyingflower
12-05-2006, 10:01 AM
They are $1 each I think

inkinupstamps
12-05-2006, 10:03 AM
If mine don't improve I won't be giving any out.

But my thought originally had been to tie a pretty ribbon on the top and then lay them on the cookie play (hopefully artistically arranged :wub: ) and then cover the plate with syran wrap. The ball would be sort of a plate decoration.

Golly! I sure hope my cookies turn out better than my ornaments!:confused:

Erin K
12-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I found really cute gift bags at Hobby Lobby for 50 cents that are sorta shallow. I'm giong to put 3 or 4 in a bag with tissue and give them like that.

Oh I made mine last night and they look pretty cool.

tojoco
12-05-2006, 10:36 AM
Mary, last night I was thinking the same thing. How will I package these ornaments. How about getting an inexpensive Christmas bowl or faux crystal bowl and arranging 3 of the ornaments in the bowl with some shiney shredded paper. Then put the entire bowl in some clear wrapping paper gathered at the top with a pretty bowl around the gathering.

emmcee
12-05-2006, 10:50 AM
All of your ideas are great for packaging your ornaments. However, if you feel like sending me one, don't go to all that trouble, I'll be glad to receive as is :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Far North
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
I keep the little plastic vegetable baskets from the tomatoes, strawberries etc. Now this probably won't help all you crafters who have a need to throw away perfectly good "someday I will recyle that" but I do have my stash of waiting for their special moment LOL! This will work beautifully for 2-4 small ornies. So like Joanne I was thinking using sparkling shredded paper and wrapping with cellophane and bow...and of course a stamped gift tag........Jan

lost luggage
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
I keep the little plastic vegetable baskets from the tomatoes, strawberries etc. Now this probably won't help all you crafters who have a need to throw away perfectly good "someday I will recyle that" but I do have my stash of waiting for their special moment LOL! This will work beautifully for 2-4 small ornies. So like Joanne I was thinking using sparkling shredded paper and wrapping with cellophane and bow...and of course a stamped gift tag........Jan

Hey Jan- this is a fantastic idea :notworthy: ....do you spray paint them gold or silver?

toao
12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Put them in a cup cake pan and cover with plastic wrap! :wideeyed:

Mary

Erin K
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
We also decided to give one to each of the people that Brian works with so for those I'm going to make a tag to tie to the little hook part and he can just stick them on their desks.

Whoopsie Daisy!
12-05-2006, 06:02 PM
with shredded crinkled paper and pretty Christmas tissue paper is that way I have been packaging mine. The $1 boxes at M's is the best price so far. Target has some for $1.30 each. Extra special someones will get their ornaments in the pretty Christmas boxes that Target sells in various sizes and shapes.

I'll post some of the ones I sold this morning. A few of them are my rub-on ornaments filled with ribbon and fiber.

Jane

Far North
12-05-2006, 07:41 PM
All this talk made me think of one of the prettiest Christmas presentations I have seen came from a co-worker. She works part-time at a florist and is crafty too. She purchased glass colored balls and took an embossing pen and wrote each of our names on a ornie and embossed in gold. Removed the gold cap and hot glued a gold ribbon in the back on the neck to be a hanger. She put some water and a sprig of pine and 2 red carnations in each one and then hung on our office door handles. Of course now she tell the story of how she never slept a wink that night imagining that they would fall & break during the night and instead of the surprise we would come in to glass and water would be covering the floor-but all was well and there were stunning on our doors. In fact some have survived several years of use. Of course this would not be good where small children are around...but the idea it does get me to thinking further.

...Jan

PS. Julie--some of the veggie box containers came in a pretty shade of green-so I will probably use them.

teabear
12-05-2006, 08:44 PM
What about clear plastic containers from the florist...the kind they put corsages or boutanniers in. I know I have bought small quantities of floral foam inexpensively from the florist in the past. I'll be they would sell you some pretty inexpensively and then you could put that shredded stuff on the bottom, your ornie, close it up and tie with a pretty bow.