PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to NYC for the day!

directmailscrapper
03-06-2008, 06:00 AM
It is 6:00 am and I'm ready to leave for the train station. My train leaves at 6:45 and I arrive in NYC at 10:00 for an 11:00 appointment with a new appointment. We'll meet, have lunch, then I catch another train at 3:05 and arrive at 6:10. Talk about a long commute!

See ya tonite!

Vintagegal
03-06-2008, 06:05 AM
You lucky gal! I wish I was going to NYC for a day! I haven't been to New York in 26 years. It's time for a visit, methinks! I think our next Shack meet-up should be in New York. We can do a lot of damage to our credit cards in that city.

iloveflipflops
03-06-2008, 06:06 AM
I have never been to NYC but want to :). have fun!

stampinmom3
03-06-2008, 06:28 AM
OHHH! We went in October for the day. It is so fun there, it is like you are on a different planet. LOL Have a good and safe day. I'm sure you'll be so tired when you get home.

Spartymom
03-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Have a safe trip and a great day!

Paula Carden
03-06-2008, 06:56 AM
Hope you have a great lunch and a good stamping magazine to read on the commute and oh yea good walking shoes!

laos348
03-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Oooh have fun! We keep saying that we'll bring the kids into the city but just haven't gotten there yet.

Laura

ccstampin12
03-06-2008, 08:35 AM
OOOH!
I hope your plans don't include a trip into Times Square! There was a small bomb explosion at an Army recruiting place there. (I think it was Army). It isn't terrorism, but they haven't caught the person yet...it would be like finding a needle in a haystack, I would think.
Anyway, hope your BIG day goes well, and you enjoy what time you have in the BIG APPLE!!!
Joanie

GrammaStamper
03-06-2008, 09:45 AM
You lucky gal! I wish I was going to NYC for a day! I haven't been to New York in 26 years. It's time for a visit, methinks! I think our next Shack meet-up should be in New York. We can do a lot of damage to our credit cards in that city.

I would love to go to NYC. I've never been, but man, that would be fun!

cecescraps
03-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Hope your meeting goes really well so, you can go into NYC more often and stay longer. I LOVE NYC!! Go at least once a year. Where you goin' for lunch??? That's a big part of my plans- where to eat and where to shop and which show to see! :)

teabear
03-06-2008, 10:57 AM
Sounds wonderful!

logcabincreations
03-06-2008, 12:09 PM
hope the weather is great and you can enjoy the time you are there.

shuggy
03-06-2008, 12:16 PM
have fun!!!

threefriends91
03-06-2008, 02:53 PM
l have never been their but would love to go..have a great trip and l pray you are safe l heard about the boom too.

directmailscrapper
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Back from my big trip -- I felt like Mary Tyler Moore! I've been to NYC a couple of times for business, but not by myself. No big deal. Amtrak was terrific and I easily caught cabs to and from. I didn't know anything about the bomb until I got home, but I did see all of the police cars! Didn't get to play or shop (other than picking up some genuine NY bagels and cheesecake at Penn Station!) and my client picked a so-so restaurant for lunch.

This looks like they are going to be a pretty big customer, so I'll probably be making this trip fairly often. I'll have to scout out some stamping stores? Do you think they have them in NYC????

ctinyjoy
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
When Lori (Who Moi) went there a couple of years ago, she found a cute stamping store in the "Village". I have no idea what part of NYC this is, but I remember her telling us about it.

threefriends91
03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
So glad you had a safe trip..sorry you had no time to shop but like you said your going back this will give you time to hunt down some stamp places..l've never been their but l'm sure their must be some great stamp stores.

tesschap
03-07-2008, 08:25 AM

Ethel - if you ever come to NYC please let me know. I'm two and a half hours away by train and would love to meet you :)

I agree - what a great place for a future Shack get-together ... or we could have it at the Great Escape Lodge (http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/) in Lake George and all day a day trip to NYC on the train????

tesschap
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Back from my big trip -- I felt like Mary Tyler Moore! I've been to NYC a couple of times for business, but not by myself. No big deal. Amtrak was terrific and I easily caught cabs to and from. I didn't know anything about the bomb until I got home, but I did see all of the police cars! Didn't get to play or shop (other than picking up some genuine NY bagels and cheesecake at Penn Station!) and my client picked a so-so restaurant for lunch.

This looks like they are going to be a pretty big customer, so I'll probably be making this trip fairly often. I'll have to scout out some stamping stores? Do you think they have them in NYC????

I'm glad you had a good (safe) trip. I heard about the bomb last night. How darn scary! I travel by train to NYC for work from time to time - maybe we can coordinate our trips for the same day sometime! Where did you eat?