PDA

View Full Version : Well, if you're going to cut your finger, (Warning: NOT for the squeamish....)

Vintagegal
03-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Well, if you're going to cut your finger, .........you may as well do it right, right?

This morning, while using my scissors to do a simple cut....no curves, no strange shape....just a straight cut, the tip of the scissors caught the fleshy part of my left index finger. It's between my palm and the first knuckle. I won't go into the gory details, but it stung like heck when I was washing it out, and I had to change bandages after a few minutes because.... well, you know why.

I don't need stitches because it's not a deep cut. It took off a chunk of skin/flesh, but it wasn't a slice, perse.

I typically don't get battle-wounds when I craft. I get a ton of ink on my finger and clothes, but I never, never slice myself. I guess there's a first for everything.

And, oh...does this get me out of doing housework? What do you think?

A BIG, FAT :no2:

scrapsoon
03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
You poor Ethel big hug for you.
And i hope the pain is going fast away.

suzi_f
03-09-2008, 04:38 PM
I think it definately qualifies for a pass on housework. Of course, I think MANY things qualify for a housework pass; cramps, hang-nail, bad hair day, inability to find ones shoes, laziness,. My list goes on & on, as evidenced by my filthy house.

Hope it feels better soon!!!

Vintagegal
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
inability to find ones shoes

.....LOL! I'll add that when Dancing with the Stars or American Idol are on, housework is on hold.

tojoco
03-09-2008, 05:00 PM
I would definitely "milk" this one, Ethel. And knowing Sean, he would probably do it all for you anyway -- that gem of a man!

Vintagegal
03-09-2008, 05:23 PM
And knowing Sean, he would probably do it all for you anyway -- that gem of a man!

Joanne...he has developed amesia. He doesn't, all of a sudden, know how to scrub down the top of the stove, or clean out the cats' litterbox. LOL! Actually, Sean went to work today. But, he was nice enough to leave his breakfast dishes in the sink for me to rinse and put in the dishwasher for him. :no2: That's OK. I'll live. I still have nine other fingers, so if I cut this one off, I'll still be able to hold a dustpan, I'm sure. (I still have my thumb, so my hand should still be useful).

scrappinnuts
03-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Ouch!.... Definetly a war wound...and deserves combat pay (or chocolate)

Vintagegal
03-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Terry....LOL! I think I'm going to ask DH to bring home some ice-cream. I see that we're 'out' of ice cream. I think this war wound deserves turtle-fudge ice-cream to help heal it.

mydogstinks2
03-09-2008, 05:41 PM
ouch!! I say you get a free pass on the house work. At least for the rest of the day!

Nancy
03-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Those hurt I feel for you, I did that one time between two fingers down at the hand. So milk it, tell him the rubber gloves make it more sore!!!!-Nancy

logcabincreations
03-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I think it definately qualifies for a pass on housework. Of course, I think MANY things qualify for a housework pass; cramps, hang-nail, bad hair day, inability to find ones shoes, laziness,. My list goes on & on, as evidenced by my filthy house.

Hope it feels better soon!!!

This is hilarious Suzi!!!

Ethel, hope your finger pain goes away - I'll say a prayer. Glad it wasn't too serious of an injury.

Tantalize
03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Biggest hugs to you Ethel!!! I hate cutting myself, I just hope it heals up quick. Polysporin baby!

ellie
03-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Ouch! When is the last time you had a tetanus (sp) shot? I think you should rest and not do any housework until it's completely better!

cindi
03-09-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your cuting accident! as a girl that cuts hair,,I know all about scissor cuts!!
heres some flowers from me to you
:196:

Vintagegal
03-09-2008, 10:43 PM
When is the last time you had a tetanus (sp) shot?

Hi Ellie! I got a tetanus shot back in 2002. I'm good for another two years, right?

heres some flowers from me to you

Thanks, Cindi! I can imagine that you probably go through this a lot.

Swanie78
03-09-2008, 10:46 PM
I think that gets you off house duty for at least a week ;) And you better take off work too. Oh, and since you're obviously terrible at handling those scissors, you better spend the whole week practicing with them again and again and again. ;)
Glad there's no stitches involved. Keep it clean and dry so you dont get an infection!

Artyfarty
03-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Errrrrm what is HOUSEWORK lol
As for TLC (tender loving care) you need to keep that wound still and elevated for at least the time it takes to eat a tub of ice cream. You may even consider dear Hubby feed you as any movement may indeed make the wound worse ..wink wink...as for housework,cooking etc nope a full day resting is a must.
Sue xx

ccstampin12
03-10-2008, 07:55 AM
Poor Ethel!
I hope your booboo is feeling better by today~
HUGS
Joanie

kimz
03-10-2008, 11:19 AM
I agree with suzi f, definitely a get out of jail free card on housework duty. I can come up with all kinds of reasons to not do housework ;), my favorite :eek:. it's just going to get messy again anyway!!!:) or, if I clean it up I won't be able to find anything!!! :biglaugh: