PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for a stamper whose son has been killed in Iraq

lakeslady
03-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Please pray for this fellow stamper and all her family.
Today I heard that a stamper on another club I belong to, has lost her son in Iraq.
He was on his third tour of duty over there and has been married for less than a year. His job as a tank commander saw him often in dangerous situations and now he has been killed by a suicide bomber.
His Mom was part of a group I belong to who made cards to send to the troops, so that they in turn can have cards to send home for loved ones birthdays or just to say I miss you.

I cannot even begin to understand how she must be feeling right now, as I know how shocked and distressed I felt just hearing about it.

Before you go to bed tonight please say a prayer for this brave soldier and his family, they have given so much for America, the UK and towards world peace in our time.

logcabincreations
03-11-2008, 07:32 PM
My deepest sympathies and prayers go out to this family. With my son recently enlisting in the Marines, this touches me deeply. Our brave men and women deserve our never-ending support and prayers.

scrapsoon
03-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Mine deepest sympahies to his family.
How sad this news is...
My thoughts and prayers for the family and everyone who knows the son.

cecescraps
03-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Oh, this just breaks my heart. I will add this brave young soldiers family to my prayer list.

teabear
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I am so very sorry for this terrible loss. I'm keeping the whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

Vintagegal
03-11-2008, 09:31 PM
I am so very sorry to hear of this. I will definitely share this with my husband, and we will say prayers for your friend and the family he leaves behind. War is senseless. All of this is so senseless. Why can't we just do everything in our power to get along?

cindi
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
my heart goes out to the family.
I will definatly say prayers for this family.
I agree with Ethel..war is sensless
:(

scrappinnuts
03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
My prayers will be with her and her family. Thanks for letting us know.

Inkisallover
03-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh my goodness! That is every mother"s nightmare. I know when my DS was over there, that was in the back of my mind everyday. I will certainly add more prayers for this family.

threefriends91
03-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Oh JP this is so sad my heard crys for this and all the other familys that are going through all this...would it be okay to send the family a card, can l mail to you for the family..l will be praying for your friends family..l wish this war was over. Prayers and hugs for you too.

patg
03-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Oh what horrible news. My deepest sympathy for this person. I will be sending prayers and warm wishes that way. Pat

hutchink
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Prayers being sent for this family! War is just a horrible thing! Peace!!!!

flyingflower
03-12-2008, 11:35 AM
my heart dropped when I read your post. Sending thoughts & prayers & angel wings to wrap the family in love and comfort.

jazzypurple853
03-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I will keep them in my prayers.

Artyfarty
03-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I send my deepest sympathies and warm wishes of comfort at this sad time and keep them in our prayers.

Patty
03-12-2008, 04:53 PM
What terrible news--every mother's greatest fear!! My prayers and thoughts go out to your friend and her family.