PDA

View Full Version : Shackapalooza - I have made an observation ...

iloveflipflops
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, I know I am not going to this in May but I have been reading alot of the posts (you know I can't miss anything that goes on here!) and I am just curious about something ... you have alot planned for these 2 days. Does anyone (besides me?) think it may be too much to get this all done in the 2 days while you're there? What if someone wants to bring their own things to work on? Is everyone going HAVE TO participate in everything that is going on while you're there? It just seems a bit overwhelming to me and I am not even going so I just wanted to put this idea out there for those of you who are going...

Spartymom
03-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't feel that the agenda is overwhelming. I think everyone is just throwing ideas out there. Whoever wants to participate does, and whoever doesn't won't. I'm going with supplies and I hope to get more helpful creative ideas while I there. The group going is alot more creative then me. it will be fun, plus I'll get to meet the friends who I have chatted with only on the net.

directmailscrapper
03-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Ahhh. Sounds like somebody wishes she was joining us! I wish that you were joining us! I'm sure I won't get done 1/2 of what I plan to do, but that's ok. The shoebox idea is great because the projects are already figured out. The stamping get together that I went to a couple of weeks ago was a total wash-out as far as accomplishing anything (Still had a great time!) -- I felt like I was packing up my whole car -- but then I didn't bring any white card stock to stamp on and I was totally uninspired with what I brought. I hope I learned something from that!

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2008, 05:18 PM
I am just excited to meet some shackies! I also have trouble getting things done at crops, it think I just enjoy chatting and seeing what everyone else is doing. I don't remember how long we get to crop each day but I can't wait! I think the shoebox swap sounds fun too. I am just trying to figure out what I am going to do. The games sound fun too! I can't wait

workin4stamps
03-15-2008, 05:26 PM
well....I have to admit that I have been a little overwhelmed. BUT, I've been overwhelmed lately by life in general, so maybe it's just me. I hope nobody gets mad at me if I forget to bring something or if I forget to do something I'm supposed to. As it stands right now, I'll be lucky just to get myself in the car and get there! I am definitely planning on bringing my own stuff to work on, because I never get to do that at home. That's the one thing I was really looking forward to about this trip....was being able to just get some things done. I will be hanging out in the conference room with Chris most of the time I think!

Traci

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2008, 05:34 PM
No one will get mad at you! we are all going to have fun! I know what you mean about being overwhelmed. I already started writing down things for Shackapalooza when I think of something I want to bring or ideas I might want to try. Isn't that silly? Now I just need to put all my little notes in a notebook so I don't forget where I put the notes of stuff to remember. Ha ha ha...

GrammaStamper
03-15-2008, 05:50 PM
You will all have a blast. There is nothing better than getting to meet the people from The Shack. I wish I was going, but just can't make it right now.

MidwestStamper
03-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I know at MOA I ended up bringing alot of the 'projects' back home with me. But it was still fun to have them and finish what I did get done there. Most fun was meeting the people and getting to know the 'real' person (sort of--I didn't get to room with them at the hotel!)

Inkisallover
03-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I feel a bit overwhelmed myself 'cause I have never been to anything like this. So, I'll just do what I can do and see how it all goes.

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2008, 06:10 PM
inkisallover, don't get too overwhelmed. If you forget anything I am sure someone there has something you can borrow :) Just look forward to cropping and chatting with a bunch of crafty ladies! I am really hoping to learn some new stuff. Nancy said she is going to get me hooked on ATC's :biglaugh:

IMBlessed5
03-15-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't think it sounds like too many plans at all!!! What works for one person definitely isn't going to work for another. Do what you can and don't sweat the rest. Take it home to finish it!

That was the best part of going to TAC seminar last year - meeting all of my online friends in person! So I think you will all have a blast, and don't stress out if you don't get some of the projects done! And don't let anyone else rain on your parade. Just go with the flow. ;)

Also, let's say someone doesn't want to work on their own projects. You've got to have something else for them to do in the meantime. So multiple activities comes in handy in that situation too. Give the guests some options.

Robinkay
03-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Like Chris said we don't need an agenda...we are just gonna play it by ear. No matter what we do it gonna go too fast!
Oh sherri we are gonna miss you! Esp your wonderful laugh!

maxiesmom
03-15-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm really hoping to get some personal stuff done too. I never seem to get much done when I go to our Friday night crops. Maybe work on Christmas cards?? That would be awesome. I guess I don't have to participate in every game or whatever it is that's going on at the time if I don't want to.
I guess we need to make it what we want it to be and have a good time doing what we want to do.

mydogstinks2
03-15-2008, 11:54 PM
I agree there is ALOT going on... but no everyone needs to do everything. If we do it we do it if we don't we don't. I know this is my ONLY vacation this year so I am relaxin and hangin out with friends LOL

spredbirds
03-17-2008, 01:32 PM
You are free to do projects (either the ones that are organized or the ones you bring) ... it's your choice ... and hey if you just chat the entire time that works too!!!

I can't wait!

Patty
03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry about this--I hit enter by mistake and I don't know how to delete it. Just skip this one. Well, I'm going, and I intend to get some stamping done. One thing we didn't like at MOA was the strict organization of time and not being able to just hang out more.

Patty
03-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Well, I'm going, and I intend to get some stamping done. One thing we didn't like at MOA was the strict organization of time and not being able to just hang out more. I'm planning to stamp and talk. Just to relax and have fun with it and maybe get some new ideas. I am going to bring the pics I took at MOA, and my circle journal from there--but I'm looking forward to no pressure. I want it to be fun so we'll do it again.. (and again). Hope I"m not waaaayy off base. Patty:huh:

Robinkay
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Nope Patty, you are very correct. We are going to play everything by ear. No schedule. No time restictions. It's your time to do WHATEVER you want!

ellie
03-17-2008, 09:37 PM
I am planning on just bringing a few things to work on and I am not sure if I will participate in everything...I hope that's ok! I am just looking forward to meeting up with my shack sisters, gabbing, and relaxing!

Robinkay
03-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I am planning on just bringing a few things to work on and I am not sure if I will participate in everything...I hope that's ok! I am just looking forward to meeting up with my shack sisters, gabbing, and relaxing!

Ellie- that sounds great! It is gonna go so fast! I can't wait.