PDA

View Full Version : I tried the Copic Water color technique

directmailscrapper
03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
I saw this on someone's blog -- I wish I could remember where so I could give her credit! She colored on a stamp with her Copic Markers and used different shades. Then she lightly misted the stamp with rubbing alcohol and voila! A water color effect with the brighter, darker shades that you can get with Copics (or Prisma markers). Check out my card in the Gallery. This was my first attempt -- and the card is just ok -- but it was fun to do and I can't wait to try it some more!

tojoco
03-15-2008, 10:22 PM
I love your card. The flowers are very pretty shaded. I'm going to have to give this technique a try.

Erin K
03-15-2008, 10:36 PM
I believe it was Gina K's blog...Was it THIS POST (http://blog.ginakdesigns.com/2008/02/27/copicanother-way.aspx)?

Anyhow thanks for trying it! It looks like it works beautifully! :)

kimmyqtgirl
03-15-2008, 10:58 PM
I thought the card was beautiful. i love how the misting softens it . Thanks for sharing!

directmailscrapper
03-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Erin, yep -- that's where I saw the technique! Thanks for letting me know. Now I can give Gina credit. It was a lot of fun and easy.

teabear
03-16-2008, 09:36 AM
Off to look at your card. I never would have thought about spritzing with alcohol. What a great tip. Thanks for sharing the original link, too.

loobylou
03-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Nancy, wouldyou care to make a photo tutorial for our Stamp-Shack tutorial section? I'm sure having it there would keep on inspiring us to do it for years to come.

djc
08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Your card is lovely.

I just came across Gina K's tutorial today and thought it a wonderful technique. However, I'm a bit concerned about spraying rubbing alcohol. It's dangerous to inhale it or to get it in your eyes. Are you using some kind of protection? On the other hand, I notice they actually sell spray bottles of rubbing alcohol. I can't quite match up that fact with the warnings about using it safely.

Does anyone know more about this?

Thanks, Daria

cindi
08-21-2008, 08:39 PM
hi Daria..I would think as long as you have a well ventilated area it would be fine.i mean you would not be doing it all day everyday..of course you could use a saftey mask.
ok..off to check this out!
:)

directmailscrapper
08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
This is the same alcohol that you use to clean a wound -- and you barely spray any on the stamp -- I wasn't concerned about inhaling it.

JBgreendawn
08-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Nancy...

( did the marker ink come off the rubber?)
if so, what did you use??

directmailscrapper
08-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Stacy, the alcohol took the ink off! I'm not a great stamp cleaner, but I don't remember any staining. Haven't used this technique in a while though!

Mrs. Fence
08-22-2008, 12:13 AM
Great idea! I think I'll try it with my new Bic markers. I hope I have some rubbing alcohol...