PDA

View Full Version : Teresa (tesschap) have you been walking

threefriends91
03-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Teresa, you asked us to support you and help give you a little puch to make sure you walked 3 days a week so you could get ready for the Breast Cancer walk that is in Sept...just wanted to help give you a little push..have you started your walking yet..
l know you can do it, and just wanted to let you know l have not forgotten and l will try to help support you..
l think its great that you are doing the walk again and pray it goes better for you this year...l can't do the walk so l just want to thank you for doing this.
Hugs and Prayers just for you.

scrapsoon
03-20-2008, 07:24 AM
`yes i'm wondering that to.
I do also hope you will make it good with walking:D

tesschap
03-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Thanks so much for posting a reminder for me. I have started walking a little on the treadmill - definately not what I need to do to get into training mode. I am doing a five mile walk through our village with my girl friend on Saturday morning. I had a doctor visit this week and my PA challenged me to lose 20 lbs. before the walk. Starting Monday - in addition to walking three days a week, I will begin weening myself from my diet pepsi addiction.

I really appreciate you checking in on me. Please don't stop - I need all of the encouragement I can get :)

scrapsoon
03-20-2008, 07:38 AM
You go girl i know you can do it!!
But you poor thing now diet pepsi anymore....thank god i don't drink any kind of cola.

threefriends91
03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks so much for posting a reminder for me. I have started walking a little on the treadmill - definately not what I need to do to get into training mode. I am doing a five mile walk through our village with my girl friend on Saturday morning. I had a doctor visit this week and my PA challenged me to lose 20 lbs. before the walk. Starting Monday - in addition to walking three days a week, I will begin weening myself from my diet pepsi addiction.

I really appreciate you checking in on me. Please don't stop - I need all of the encouragement I can get :)
if its any help when l stopped drinking cola and changed over to water l would only have one glass of cola on Friday nights as a treat and l dropped 8 pds the first month.

logcabincreations
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I had a doctor visit this week and my PA challenged me to lose 20 lbs. before the walk. Starting Monday - in addition to walking three days a week, I will begin weening myself from my diet pepsi addiction. :)

So....is diet pepsi making you gain weight? If so I need to stop drinking them too....it's my favorite soda and I have at least 1 a day.

tesschap
03-20-2008, 10:04 AM
So....is diet pepsi making you gain weight? If so I need to stop drinking them too....it's my favorite soda and I have at least 1 a day.

Yes - it makes you retain water and makes it more difficult to lose weight. I drink 4-6 20 oz bottles a day! I don't drink coffee or any other beverages and this has been a way for me to get my caffiene over the years! DH & I did Weight Watchers online back in 2001 & 2002. They told us to drive half of our weight in ounces of water. (So if you weigh 200 lbs you drink 100 ozs. of water each day, which = five 20 oz. bottles of water). Seems like a lot of water but it's not too bad. It does work and for me became pretty much a habit once I got past the fog and mild headache for not having caffiene the first few days. My body would actually crave water and after the first few days you're not running to the bathroom to pee all the time!

logcabincreations
03-20-2008, 10:19 AM
Wow! Didn't know that. I drink 1 20-oz bottle of water while at work, 1 cup of coffee (with cream and sugar) and 1 diet pepsi. I'm bad. I don't like drinking water, but I guess if I want to lose weight I better start liking it.