PDA

View Full Version : Split Negative tech. help.

Christie
12-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I just posted a card I did. :mad: I'm very unhappy with it and it took me an hour. I was having problems getting my images to line up correctly. Is there something special that I should be doing to make this easier. It was very, very hard. :confused: I wasted soooo much ink it isn't even funny. :mad:

Can someone give me some tips on using this technique. I know it's easier with just one image but i like the strips I saw on Jan's (Far North) card.
Please don't laugh :wub: , but here it is:
http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1140&limit=recent

patg
12-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi Christie

It doesn't look bad at all.

How I do this technique is to line up all my pieces (it's easier if you use only 2 pieces - one dark and one light colour). I would use non-permanent adhesive so it doesn't move.

Stamp with versamark, take apart and then emboss (white ep on black and black ep on white).

That way your images usually always line up.

Hope that makes sense.

Pat

Christie
12-06-2006, 03:58 PM
That sounds like a good idea Pat. The way I did it was to stamp all my black images on the white and then try to make the white ones line up. Very, very difficult. Now all I need is to go out and buy some black and white embossing powder.

Far North
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Christie--you did a nice job with your first card!

I think the thing that made mine easier was I only stamp one image. It must be very difficut to try to stamp so many images is the exact same place.

Happy stampin...Jan

Christie
12-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Jan, So yours was one big stamp huh? That would be easier. I thought you had just stamped a bunch of trees. My way was sooo hard, but Pat gave me a great idea with the embossing powders.
Thanks for sharing your awsome card with us and giving me inspriation!!

teabear
12-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I used one large image like Jan. I stamped both of them one on black with white and the opposite. Then I cut one of the images diagonally across the image. I then laid that one on the opposite color image lining it up carefully and put a small piece of tape on the back to hold it there. I took the whole thing over to the cutter and cut the bottom image. Then I took both sets of images and taped them together on the back and trimmed to make the outside edges even. This way you end up with 2 reverse negative images to make a card from. I have done this with embossing powder and just with black & white inks. I like the effect of both.

I haven't tried the way you did yours, which I think is really a fantastic looking card. Try it with a big stamp, it's easier!

laos348
12-06-2006, 07:23 PM
I do the same thing as Pat. Have my black side and white side next to each other. Stamp the one image with versamark, then emboss either black or white on the appropriate piece.

Laura