PDA

View Full Version : Papertray Ink shipping fees to Canada?

pesc
03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello,
is there any Canadian that did order from Papertray Ink lately? If yes, did you had any border fees to pay on top of the shipping fees? I'm thinking of buyins some nestabilies along with some (just a few hi hi hi) other things...

Thanks for the information!

Have a great day
Pascale

threefriends91
03-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Pascale l have never ordered from Papertray Inks, but any time l place an order from anywhere out side of Canada l always tell them to send the goods through the mail..or l don't order, most places are pretty good.. l just explain to them that if the duty charges are around $40.00 per pd. Well thats what l had to pay UPS a couple of times..
So now l tell them by mail or l don't want the order...

pesc
03-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm not sure I get it right... They are Shipping USPS with priority mail international insured... will I have to pay some duty charges with that kind of shipping?
I'm really all mixed up!
Thanks for helping!

Nadine
03-24-2008, 06:39 PM
I've gotten dinged for taxes a few times ordering from Papertrey Ink and then other times the package seems to slide on through. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it though. I haven't ordered since they upped their shipping rates but you might want to take that into consideration. If they do tag you to collect you'll be charged a $5.95 handling fee and then hst on top of that. For orders around $50 I was paying about $12 I believe.

HeatherJ
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Ouch, that really takes the savings out of it, doesn't it!!!!!

babylamb
03-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Maybe I've been really lucky. I've ordered from (alot) of different buyers on ebay, and one site that I order from frequently and have NEVER paid duty on any of it. I'm in a secret sister swap from another forum and she sends all kinds of things too and they come right through. From the site that I order from, she sent it fedex one time as she was late with shipping, and didn't hear a thing from them either, and that one was over $50 in goods.

pesc
03-24-2008, 08:08 PM
They are the only one I know that have the nestabilies... unless someone know where to order them in Canada... And I was really interested in there white cardstock... and a few other things... but if it cost me 100$ on top of the 200$ I was thinking about spending, it's crazy allready to spend 200$ but if I got a lot of other fees on top... I think I just won't do it... Thanks for your feedback...

Tantalize
03-27-2008, 03:17 PM
PASCALE!!!! Did you order these yet?!? I hope not.

THIS (http://www.ucutathome.com/index.php) place (Cut at home) Gives you 40% off your Nestabilities! Well, they have a 40% off coupon each month. Patg and I both bought the Rectangle set (both sizes in rectangles and scalloped rectangles) for $61US INCLUDING shipping!!! They are currently on back order, so our order from February still hasnt come... sigh. But hey, what can you expect when you have a 40% off coupon. It's your call though, depending on how soon you want them ;)

I know I got antsy and found them in a LSS when I was visiting my parents. The entire circle set was $80 CDN and I ended paying $89 with taxes. Impulse buy, but what a great one! LOL

pesc
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
No I did not buy it yet... I saw that the spellbinders will be sold now in Ontario and British Colombia. So I was expecting to call there in order to see what price they were selling those and see about the shipping but at least in Canada I don't have to worry about brocage fee and duty...
Thanks for the tip! I may decide to buy them there too... I have to say that it is much cheaper! :)

Nadine
03-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Scrapping Great Deals has them too! Sheila is fantastic and I think there's a sale on right now. Maybe $10 off a $50 purchase or something like that?

pesc
03-27-2008, 08:35 PM
Oh oh, I'M really in danger now :) Buying from Canada without shipping fees and with 15$ discount... is great! :) Nadine, I think you just give me the right spot... I also found some magnet closer for project that I was looking for, liquid appliqué and cuttlebug embossing folder...
Thank you :)