PDA

View Full Version : Up date on my daughter

threefriends91
03-31-2008, 01:03 PM
Well my daughter just called me, she called her girl friend after l left and her girlfriend talked her into going to the hosp. and the hosp. called the police so she went with for friend and made a report..
Their was a lady that came to her house and talked to her and her girlfriend to offer some help..
l told her l would be right over and she said no..she was okay and she is sending her friend home and going to bed..She said we could get together tomorrow..
The police took pictures of her face and arms and they think they know the guy..
So l feel a little better..but l don't understand why she would not let me take her, or why she waited until now to tell me..l could have gone with her..
maybe l shouldn't have come home..All she said was she didn't want to put me though anymore...my God it was her that went though this..l'm feeling like l might have let her down..
l'm so glad you ladies are here right now l don't know if l should be mad, sad, or happy..l know when we get together tomorrow we are going to have a talk..maybe its a good thing l'm not their right now..
Thank you all for your prayers l know God is good and what is he teaching me right now..

Christie
03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm glad she went to the hosptial and filed a report. If her filing the report helps him not do it to another person then it was worth it. I feel so bad for her. That must of been a scary thing. I think that sometimes children feel more comfortable with their friends then with their parents advice. They know what you are going to say and to hear it from a friend I think makes it seem alittle more valid, if that makes sense. Try not to take it personally but be grateful she has a good friend that she listened to. I will keep you all in my prayers.

cindi
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
to the hospital & talked to the police, thats very good. I don't know your daughter, so I can't say for sure she is like me, but I know that sometimes I feel more comfortable going through some things with my close friends than with my family,,and not that I'm not close to my family and my mom especially cause I am. I think it has something to do with the normal progression of life, like an instinct in us to learn to cope on our own. So please don't be too hurt that she may have reached the decision to go to the hospital without you. I could totally seeing myself doing the same thing and I love my mom with all my heart. Does this make any sense? I hope so
Hugs
:)

hbpuppy
03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm glad she is getting help. And, I'm glad that she has a friend there with her. It sounds like she doesn't want to worry you. I'm the same way with my mum. I don't tell her a lot of stuff because she is a stresser. Love her, but she stresses.

Nancy
03-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I am so glad she went - I am sure she didnt want to stress you out anymore, but be glad she even called you first, she had to settle down herself and I am glad she called a friend and went to the hospital. I hope the hospital or police provide some sort of therapy on this and most of all catch him. If she would feel better she can move to another neighbor hood, He knows where she lives either way. - Nancy

keltie
03-31-2008, 02:03 PM
I am so glad she had a friend who was able to talk her into going to the hospital. Don't worry about who took her the important thing is that she went and that they may know who it was and prrevent it from happening again. She most likely doesn't want to worry you .
jUst be there when she needs you aand thank God she friends that care so much about her. I'm sure there will be days ahead that she will need her mom Continued prayers.

ccstampin12
03-31-2008, 04:31 PM
As a mom, I know how you feel, but I also know that my DD protects me from some things. So, maybe that's what's going on here.
When we don't hear from her for a while, sometimes there have been health concerns she has shielded us from until she had all the answers.
I hope your "little talk" will be productive and positive.
HUGS
Joanie

ellie
03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
I am so glad she went. You know Cathy, she probably doesn't want to worry you and is very protective of her independence. I have 2 sons who are like that. Maybe it makes her feel safer or more confident in some way knowing she can handle this. Being the mom of adult children is so hard!!!

scrapsoon
03-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Thank god indeed she went to the hospital and the police.
Please don't feel mad,sad or something else.
It could also be a reaction of everything and she didn't want you to feel bad or so.
Take care and i hope you can sleep good tonight,

iloveflipflops
03-31-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm so glad she went!!!

Paula Carden
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Oh Cathy- I am so very sorry about your daughter-bless her heart and yours. So much to go through but Thank God she will be ok-traumatized I am sure. Some times daughters just need their independence and do not want parents to worry.
I hope that she is going to be ok, I know you must want her to come home so you can comfort her. I am sure just as you she so afraid-rightfully so too. Please know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

maxiesmom
03-31-2008, 06:03 PM
First off, let me say how sorry I am about all of this. You must have posted after I left for work today. I am so relieved she went to the hospital and the police are now involved. I'm sure attackers always say that to further torment their victims. I will keep you both in my prayers that you will find some peace.
hugs

shuggy
03-31-2008, 06:40 PM
i'm so glad she went. i've been thinking about it since this morning!!

loobylou
03-31-2008, 07:30 PM
I know your feelings are hurt right now, Cathy. But take comfort in the fact that your daughter has a trusted and sensible friend. Isn't it great she has support?
I'm pleased she went to get help.

logcabincreations
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Cathy, I left a post on your other thread before I realized you updated on this thread. Our kids try so hard sometimes not to worry us, so don't feel bad that it was her friend who talked her into going to the hospital and to the police. At least she went. Follow up with her though about what contents she had in her wallet. Big hugs for you friend.

Tantalize
04-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Cathy, I am so glad to hear that she is alive and well. It's hard to think about and Im not trying to be negative, but it could have been worse. *HUGS* She must be scared and confused. I hope they catch this guy...