PDA

View Full Version : Please send me good thoughts today....

Vintagegal
04-03-2008, 08:14 AM
I woke up this morning with a raging migraine. But, I can't call in sick. Yesterday was the first day of our two-day Human Resources audit. A representative from Corporate is at our facility going through each and every file. I can't call in sick. I have to be there through it all. I want to close my eyes. The base of my skull is hurting so bad, and I have light sensitivity. Seriously, I hope I don't get sick at my desk. I could use every ounce of positive thoughts today. Thanks.

emmcee
04-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Sending you good thoughts & prayers.

paulssandy
04-03-2008, 08:17 AM
I woke up this morning with a raging migraine. But, I can't call in sick. Yesterday was the first day of our two-day Human Resources audit. A representative from Corporate is at our facility going through each and every file. I can't call in sick. I have to be there through it all. I want to close my eyes. The base of my skull is hurting so bad, and I have light sensitivity. Seriously, I hope I don't get sick at my desk. I could use every ounce of positive thoughts today. Thanks.

Oh No Ethel, I certainly will be sending up prayers for you today!

:wubclub: Sandy O

lakeslady
04-03-2008, 08:25 AM
You have them on their way from me Ethel. Hope you feel better very soon and today at work is not too much of an ordeal

scrapsoon
04-03-2008, 08:39 AM
Ohw no dear Ethel how bad to hear that.
Sending you good thougts and a big hug.
I hope you will feel so much better.

logcabincreations
04-03-2008, 08:54 AM
I had the beginnings of a migraine earlier this week and was able to fight it off with Extra Strength Excedrin (the store I went to didn't have the Excedrin Migraine or I would have gotten that.) Hope your headache goes away soon...I'll say a prayer. Those migraines are nasty!!

JBgreendawn
04-03-2008, 10:03 AM
okay, you got it,

hope you have good meds and they knock it back enough for you to make it through the work day.

threefriends91
04-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Oh Ethel, l am sending up prayers right now l know how bad this can get you poor girl l feel for you..Prayers and Hugs just for you..

dreis1
04-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Oh no, nothing worse than a migraine. Prayers for you today. Glinda

TiikkiStars
04-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Ugh. Yuck. Definitely no fun! I hope you have something you can take and can survive the day. Good luck!

:> Karen

shuggy
04-03-2008, 12:09 PM
oh that's terrible!! hopefully the day will go by fast.

Firecracker
04-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm sending good thoughts to you. Hugs, Heather

tojoco
04-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know how you're going to do it because the last time that happened to me, they whisked me away in an ambulance. I definitely know the pain of a migraine and I hope I never have one again. I couldn't keep my eyes opened either. Good luck getting through the day.

maxiesmom
04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Ethel, how did the day go? I hope you were able to kick it and have a better day. I know how horrible those are, especially when you have to work.

theprimitivecountrybug
04-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Ethel. I'm so sorry to hear about your migraine.
I'll be praying for you. You're probably almost out of work at this time but I'll still pray. HUGS~

iloveflipflops
04-03-2008, 05:32 PM
By now I hope your migraine has moved on. I know those 3 days I had one, it was bad. I didn't even have to go to work so I don't know how to you did it.

Let us know how you're doing. I just hope its gone!!

My3Ds
04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Hi Ethel. I'm posting in the dark so it doesn't hurt your eyes (and head) so be sure to read it in the dark :) I hope you are feeling better and made it through the audit.

GrammaStamper
04-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Sorry to hear this, Ethel. It's now 5:45 pm here and I hope you made it through your workday. Hugs and prayers for you.

Vintagegal
04-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Hi guys! I'm home, but I have the chills and I'm running a fever. I think my migraine was not just a migraine. I think I am bona-fide sick with something icky. The auditor told me not to go to work tomorrow. My boss doesn't know I'm sick. I'll see how I feel in the morning. DS gets out of track practice in 20 minutes, and I have to pick him up. It's raining, and I don't want him walking home. I did start a crock-pot chili this morning, so I'm not concerned about feeding the boys; but I want to go to bed as soon as I pick up DS and try to fight this.

maxiesmom
04-03-2008, 06:33 PM
Hi guys! I'm home, but I have the chills and I'm running a fever. I think my migraine was not just a migraine. I think I am bona-fide sick with something icky. The auditor told me not to go to work tomorrow. My boss doesn't know I'm sick. I'll see how I feel in the morning. DS gets out of track practice in 20 minutes, and I have to pick him up. It's raining, and I don't want him walking home. I did start a crock-pot chili this morning, so I'm not concerned about feeding the boys; but I want to go to bed as soon as I pick up DS and try to fight this.

Oh poo, that sounds even worse than a migraine since it could last longer. Notice my qualifier 'could', hopefully not. A 24 hr. bug and you'll be good as new. Ok I can dream for ya, right? :nod:

teabear
04-03-2008, 09:22 PM
I hope a good night's rest sets everything back to normal for you Ethel.

loobylou
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
How are you today Ethel? Better I hope.

directmailscrapper
04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Ethel, hope you are soon on the mend. Sounds like you've got a doozy!

Tantalize
04-04-2008, 12:56 AM
I am hoping that you are getting all the rest you need Ethel. Feel better soon.