PDA

View Full Version : Relay for Life

logcabincreations
04-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Dear Friends,

I've decided to take action against cancer by participating in the American Cancer Society Relay For LifeŽ event right here in my community. Relay For LifeŽ is about celebration, remembrance, and hope. By participating, I am honoring cancer survivors, paying tribute to the lives we've lost to the disease, and raising money to help fight it. I am walking on May 16-17 (during the wee hours of the night and early morning) at Liberty High School with a team from my church, Pecks Baptist. I am walking IN MEMORY of my friend Judy Fairburn who lost her battle with Leukemia in October, 2007; and I am walking IN HONOR of my friend Tina Secrist who has Hodgkins Lymphoma (from diaphragm up) & Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (from diaphragm down.) I am also walking IN HONOR of our sweet friend Lesa Sverid (tattoolesa) who is battling breast cancer. Please keep Lesa and Tina in your prayers.
Please help support me in this important cause by making a donation. It is faster and easier than ever to support me by making a secure, tax-deductible donation online using the link below. If you would prefer, you can send your contribution to the mailing address listed below.

Whatever you can give will help - it all adds up! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

Sincerely,

Jan
Stinnette

To make a donation online, visit my personal page

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeSouthAtlanticDivision?px=5793760&pg=personal&fr_id=9096

To send a donation, make all checks payable to: American Cancer Society

mail to me:
Jan Stinnette
1243 Stinnette Farm Road
Huddleston, Virginia 24104

logcabincreations
04-08-2008, 03:17 PM
FYI....the above letter was written by the American Cancer Society for us participants to use to send to family and friends. Please don't think I'm begging for a donation. If you cannot make a donation that is perfectly o.k. Our dear friend Teresa (tesschap) is also participating in the 3-day walk for breast cancer. We hope you will support us with your prayers, and especially pray for those battling cancer.

directmailscrapper
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Jan, good luck on the walk! It's a wonderful thing you are doing. I just sent in a donation. Nancy

logcabincreations
04-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Nancy, thank you so much. Big Big HUGS!!!