PDA

View Full Version : Fine water mist...

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 12:43 AM
No....not a refreshing day at the beach...I am wondering if you guys use a specific type of water "vessel" if you will, to spritz projects. A few weeks ago I saw Making Memories spray bottles for sale (at least I think I did) and I passed them up. Now, of course I can't find them. Thinking along the lines of my new favorite tip of using the phonebook, I was wondering if there is a household tip for the water spritzing.. (or alcohol spritzing). ?? :confused:

Mom0fgirls
10-18-2006, 05:41 AM
I got 2 fine mist spray bottles (one for water, one for alcohol) at a convention - they are made by Junikins - if that helps.

They really are a finer mist then my regular spray bottle.

nsbirdy
10-18-2006, 06:04 AM
I found a spritzer bottle of hair spray in the samples bin at the drug store for ninety-nine cents. I emptied it, cleaned it really well and refilled it with plain water. It holds about four ounces and sprays a very fine mist. Cheap = me!

inkinupstamps
10-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Julie, I use a fine mist bottle that is a tiny travel size. It only hold a very few ounces of water. I can't even remember where I found this one, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you looked in Walmart or a drugstore in the travel size items section (you know where they have soap, shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, etc) they my have the little bottle there.

I love my little one. It is just the perfect size to hold as well as the mist is very fine so papercrafts don't get waterlogged. :)

laos348
10-18-2006, 07:51 AM
I got my mist bottles from, I think, seaside stampin'. They were packaged in a set and if I remember correctly, pretty affordable.

Laura

Lisa
10-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I got mine at a dollar store, in the cosmetic section. It is a small refillable container for perfume I think . It sort of looks like a large lipstick tube, with the same type of cap. I love it the mist is very fine, and hey, for a buck!
Lisa K

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Thanks, Everyone! Aside from the craft store, I think Lisa mentioned the right kind of "spray" I need....the atomizer sounds perfect. I'll search my "archives" today Thanks again. :)

cindi
10-18-2006, 11:48 AM
$ store atamizer too. I like it and the price was right! I got mine at $ tree.
:)

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 01:44 PM
You guys with all these professional photo avatars are giving me a complex LOL I need to get myself some lighting. HA!

GrammaStamper
10-21-2006, 07:13 PM
No....not a refreshing day at the beach...I am wondering if you guys use a specific type of water "vessel" if you will, to spritz projects. A few weeks ago I saw Making Memories spray bottles for sale (at least I think I did) and I passed them up. Now, of course I can't find them. Thinking along the lines of my new favorite tip of using the phonebook, I was wondering if there is a household tip for the water spritzing.. (or alcohol spritzing). ?? :confused:

When my SU stamp cleaner bottle was empty, I just cleaned that out and used it for the fine mist sprayer. I need to save money somewhere, so that was it.

Jadyeebugsaunt
10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Ok I'm going to be dumb here . Why do you use a fine mist spray?
Mindy

HeatherID
10-21-2006, 10:11 PM
If you ink up a stamp and want a watercolor-y look, you can mist it first to "soften" the image. It works best with stamps with lots of solid color.

That's what I've done with them before... I'd be interested to see what other people do with them.

Heather

stampcrazyjulie
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
I am glad that I read this thread! I need to go find me a mister! I tried using a water bottle that I bought at Wal-Mart, but it was a large bottle & the spray was too strong! Now I know the secret! :)

shuggy
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Ok I'm going to be dumb here . Why do you use a fine mist spray?
Mindy

i was wondering the same thing!! what do you use it for!!

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 10:31 PM
Don't you also need to mist on blending solution prior to the application of alcohol inks? (That's what I though I needed one for...) ???