PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Where does everyone get their cardstock....

dublintoo
12-07-2006, 09:45 PM
and what kind/brand do you use??? I usually go to Michaels or to ACMoore to buy my cardstock, but sometimes the paper isn't heavy enough for my card itself. It's almost the weight of construction paper. I've heard Bazzill paper is really nice....kind of expensive???

Jeanne

shuggy
12-07-2006, 09:49 PM
for plain colored cardstock, i mainly use stampin up. for white cardstock, i get it at a paper store (xpdex) and it is i think 60lb cover.

Erin K
12-07-2006, 09:57 PM
When it comes to cardstock I like SU the best. Actually in January I'm buying almost $150 of just that! I love the stuff.

You gotta spend the money on good paper I think.

iloveflipflops
12-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I use colored paper from TAC and Stampin Up. White cardstock I get at Sams in a huge ream. love it!!

dgbearsmom
12-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I use the white cardstock from Sam's that Sherri uses. For the colored stuff I use Bazzill, Die Cuts with a View or Hobby Lobby's textured cardstock. It's heavy and textured just like Bazzill and DCWV, but they often have it for half price.

Judy

lost luggage
12-07-2006, 10:03 PM
I was buying DCWV but I just came across this AWESOME website called www.paperandmore.com. I ordered samples and am in LOVE! I just ordered a boatload of paper. They have flat rate shipping for $3.99, shipped it the same day I ordered it and ship priority no less! I should be rolling in paper tomorrow afternoon :)

stampcrazyjulie
12-07-2006, 11:45 PM
I get alot of mine from Stampin' Up, but I also buy tons of Bazzill Cardstock @ the LSS. I like DCWV too, because of the texture & the white core but I can never find their paper unless they come in Town for a Scrapbook Convention twice a year.

I buy all of my white cardstock at Xpedex as well but I think that I buy the 65-80 weight.

shuggy
12-07-2006, 11:52 PM
maybe my white cardstock is 80...i don't remember. all i know is i'm out!! have to make a trek to xpedex.

julie, get your dcwv cardstock at joann's. right now it's 50% off. and you can always use a printed (not from the internet) roberts or michaels40% off coupon!! it's the greatest at the scrapbook expo! that's the booth i always spend the most at!! :nod:

mahodgman
12-08-2006, 08:30 AM
I buy SU paper for the most part. I also buy reems of white, black and off white at PaperZone because it is cheaper and also nice paper.

Sherry
12-08-2006, 08:37 AM
I strictly use Stampin' Up cardstocks. I, personally, find the cardstock superior to anything else I have tried.

Spartymom
12-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I buy my solid colors at Michaels, when it's on sale by the pack. I go to Hobby Lobby for the patterned, they have more selection. Erin, I think I might try SU for paper in Feb., so that I can get some stamps too. Kim

inkinupstamps
12-08-2006, 08:40 AM
For the most part I use SU, but I do have a significant amount of Bazzill too.

mcourtney
12-08-2006, 09:54 AM
For smooth colored cardstock I use Stampin Up
For textured colored cardstock I use Bazzill
For White cardstock I use Beckett Expression Iceberg that I order from Kelly Paper or xpedx.

Christie
12-08-2006, 10:17 AM
I find my white cardstock at the dollar store. It's really heavy and is great. The rest of it I get at HL or Wal-Mart.

Erin K
12-08-2006, 11:14 AM
I think i'm the only one... I hate bazzill! I don't care for DCWV either, although I have tons for some reason... I need to get rid of it. I'd ship it all to someone, but it's not worth the postage, it's HEAVY. I need to find somewhere to donate it.

I am glad this thread started, I need a good source for white cardstock. does anyone know if Costco has some good white? i need THICK paper, Im a huge paper snob...

lost luggage
12-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Erin K..I am telling you...PAPERANDMORE.COM...you must order a sample or two...you won't be disappointed!

Erin K
12-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I thought that was shinny type paper.. I want normal paper.. do they have normal? I'm going over there this very second

lost luggage
12-08-2006, 11:40 AM
I thought that was shinny type paper.. I want normal paper.. do they have normal? I'm going over there this very second

Yes- they have normal. I sent you a card made on pearlescent...they have laid, plain, vellum, transparent...hand made..everything :)

Far North
12-08-2006, 01:26 PM
stampin up paper. For white base paper I use #110 Georgia Pacific from W-M or Office Depot. I also buy some #80 for layering but I like a heavier weight to hold all the layers. I do use SU for my images...I feel the smoothness of their paper makes a better image than anything else I've tried.
...Jan

Sherry
12-08-2006, 03:07 PM
stampin up paper. For white base paper I use #110 Georgia Pacific from W-M or Office Depot. I also buy some #80 for layering but I like a heavier weight to hold all the layers. I do use SU for my images...I feel the smoothness of their paper makes a better image than anything else I've tried.
...Jan

I agree that the #110 Georgia Pacific is a great white cardstock. I use to purchase it here at our local Walmart but they stopped carrying it.

StampinMom
12-08-2006, 03:09 PM
I mostly just use SU cardstock. If I need paper in between placing an SU order I buy Bazzil.
SU is by far the best cardstock in my book.

Cheryl

scrappersuz
12-15-2006, 08:03 PM
I buy mostly online....RMH. I like Bazzill the best and usually order several packs at a time. I live in the sticks and don't have access to an LSS.
Susie