PDA

View Full Version : Have I mentioned lately how I HATE HATE school projects???

iloveflipflops
04-28-2008, 09:00 PM
And I am soooooooooooo ready for summer!!!

Nicholas (who is in 6th grade) has this project due May 9th. Thank goodness he has PLENTY of time to get it done. We were told the parents are not to do the project. We are allowed to advise and do cutting and things like that that may be dangerous but other than that, the project is to be his!! He has to build a castle out of anything but food and it cannot be any larger than 9" high and 9" wide. He chose styrofoam, know how fun that stuff is to cut with scissors?! LOL Then he has 8 out of 10 things he is to add to the castle for points. Like a flag, a "working" drawbridge, murder holes (I didnt' know of such a thing!) door, windows, moat, .... etc.

So all I say is WISH US ALL LUCK! LOL

PS Only 29 more days of school - not counting 2 days we have off for holidays/teacher workdays :).

cindi
04-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Emilys cupcakes were a better project! lol
oh well, good luck
:)

teabear
04-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Kyle is making a catapult. It has to be a working one made only by him. Can you imagine what type of things he will be flinging around here with that thing? LOL I think I'd better keep my eye on mabel so she doesn't go flying.

directmailscrapper
04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Check out this 6th grade project in Emily's class -- no parents -- but I heard Dad was up all night.... (NOT Emily's project!)
http://www.htrinity.org/our_community/photo_gallery/2007-2008/6/index.php

Second photo on left. BTW -- Emily is in 3 of these photos... :-) She made an ancient Roman necklace -- and put it in a tin box -- colored with alcohol inks. I didn't DO it, but I showed her how!!!

Christie
04-28-2008, 10:07 PM
That sounds like a fun project! I bet he does great on it!

ellie
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
Holy cow, are they still doing that? I remember building one of those when I was in about 6th grade. Good luck!

prdesigns
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
Good luck...it's interesting seeing 60 or so projects in the 7th grade classes I aide in.... we can tell when the parents do a lot of the work. Some parents fill out their kids reading logs, write out papers where the students are supposed to fill it out... but then I also can tell the kids whose parents don't help them with anything... don't care if they ever do a thing in school or with homework.... so working in the school is an eye opener... I only have 5 weeks left... there is not a position open for me next year... since I was hired in October... so, I'll be hunting for another job... I recommend every one work in their kid's school for a day or so... all I can say is OMG!!

My3Ds
04-29-2008, 07:56 AM
I hear ya! 22 days and counting here. :)

loobylou
04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Good luck Sherri. You will deserve your summer vacation.