PDA

View Full Version : ideas or suggestions needed

shuggy
12-09-2006, 01:19 AM
so i want to make my mom a big magnet board to go in her new craft room. problem is, i'm so overwhelmed by the size of it, i'm not sure where to start. plus i can't figure out what kind of design to do. has anyone made one of these before? i could only find a few posted on two peas.

thanks!

GrammaStamper
12-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Angie, that sounds like a great idea! I read/saw (can't remember) about a lady who took two old cookie sheets. She drilled 4 holes, 1 in each corner, then painted them up with pretty colours. Then, on all her jars of H20 paint pots, she glued a 3/4" magnet on the lid. When you put the magnet end onto the cookie sheet, it sticks. I suppose you could do that with anything that has a metal lid and then you can see what's on the inside, through the clear bottom. I'm going to make myself a couple as I need to replace cookie sheets anyway. How does this sound to you! If I think I can do it, it must be simple.

stampcrazyjulie
12-09-2006, 10:29 AM
I bought both the medium & large boards over at Robert's. Are those the one's that you are talking about? I have been looking for ideas myself! I was thinking of altering the wood around the outside with pp, then makeing a dozen or so of those glass magnets. I also bought some of those small alphabet letters that have a magnet already on the back & I thought that I would alter those as well either spelling out a word or name or ithe recipients initials or something. Let me know if you find any cute ideas!

shuggy
12-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I bought both the medium & large boards over at Robert's. Are those the one's that you are talking about? I have been looking for ideas myself! I was thinking of altering the wood around the outside with pp, then makeing a dozen or so of those glass magnets. I also bought some of those small alphabet letters that have a magnet already on the back & I thought that I would alter those as well either spelling out a word or name or ithe recipients initials or something. Let me know if you find any cute ideas!

yep. i got the big one. it's huge!!! i got stuff to make the magnets too. i just can't figure out how to get started!!!

iloveflipflops
12-09-2006, 12:59 PM
How big is big? I don't even know where I would start on a smaller one so I am of no help. Sorry!! And good luck to ya!