PDA

View Full Version : So ... what did you learn at Shackapalooza?

iloveflipflops
05-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Like at MOA, I learned several things:

1) Angie is not a "morning" person. Do not even talk to Angie till she has her breakfast. Right Ang?

2) Angie's mom is real quick to throw ice down my shirt, without me realizing it till its done.

3) The time went by way too fast and I could've stayed another week!!

LOL

mydogstinks2
05-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Here is what I learned:

1- If Chelsea gives you a tattoo and makes a mistake she will lick you to get it off!

2- I sould never bring anything to work on cause I never do. I made 3 cards and put paper on one album the whole weekend!!

3- Always pack a blender or 2!

4- Never sit in between Patty and Ellie they throw things in your food!

I'm sure I learned some stamping stuff too...

iloveflipflops
05-05-2008, 09:27 AM
How did you sit BETWEEN the 2 of them? And why? LOL

Inkisallover
05-05-2008, 11:54 AM
I learned that it really is possible to have a bunch of women be together to work and stuff and still get along and have fun.
I also learned that I don't HAVE to bring everything I own, that just a few things would have been okay.

directmailscrapper
05-05-2008, 01:34 PM
What I learned:

1. It is possible for 13 women to spend 15+ hours together a day for 2-1/2 days with no complaining, no b*tching, no arguing, no whining, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL!

2. 13 women who have never actually met can feel like they've known each other all of their lives.

3. I learned how to make a beautiful dahlia card (thanks Jennifer!) and how to do a Spirograph card (thanks Kimmy!)

4. I learned what a Bindagraph is.

5. I learned about how to get your water-based markers to work like water color painting (thanks to Stamping Day and Night, a store we visited)

6. I learned that you can drive from the Detroit airport to Angora Indiana in 9 hours or 2 hours, depending upon how many scrapbooking and stamping stores you shop at along the way!

7. I learned that sometimes, the perfect event can exceed your wildest expectations,

and finally, I learned that I can't wait another year to see my best friends again!

scrapsoon
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Well what i've learned of it is that i'm so jealous?? about you all:D
And that you all had a great time with a lot of fun.

scraphappy908
05-05-2008, 04:22 PM
I learned...
1) not to dress in the same colors the hotel staff wears or you may be mistaken for a new hire!
2) Kathy (maxiesmom) is not a morning person
3) Both Kathy and Traci are allergic to bananas.
4) Becky (inkisallover) and I were the shortest ones there.
5) Ellie has to have her Starbucks fix.
6) The peekholes in the conference room doors were backwards, so everyone OUTSIDE could see in. And punched flowers taped inside prevented people from looking in thanks to Spartymom Kim!
7) Don't yell out to everyone asking who wants "Palooza Punch" when one of the Inn supervisors is walking by.
8) People in Indiana can't hold their liquor well when attending wedding receptions.
9) 13 women can discuss and solve all the problems of the world in just one weekend. Now if we could only get congress to listen!
10) I love love love the Stamp Shack!!

iloveflipflops
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Some of these are REALLY funny :). Thanks for sharing. lol

directmailscrapper
05-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Amy, you made me smile! Both at the Paloosa -- and reading this thread! You are such a sweetheart -- I'm glad I finally "met" you! We would definitely be friends IRL! :-)

directmailscrapper
05-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I know something else I learned at the Shackapaloosa!

That if 13 women sit in a room and stamp and talk -- they have NO TIME TO EAT! None of us wanted to bother to eat! Eventually, some of would grab a meal because we realized that we needed to keep our strength up... but this was DEFINITELY not a FOODIE event! So I suggested that we write a book called "The Shackapaloosa Diet Book"...

directmailscrapper
05-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I learned that I am not the only person in the world with "New Post-itis"! After spending many hours with Kimmy and Jennifer in the car, I concluded that this must be a common condition amongst Shackies -- an irresistable urge (stronger than an urge, actually) to hit "New Post" on the Shack every 10 seconds -- or less -- throughout the day to make sure you don't miss ANYTHING!

directmailscrapper
05-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I also learned that if your suitcase weighs 53 pounds (they limit you to $50 or you have to pay more), you CAN put your Crop-A-Dile into your carry on luggage and it WILL get through security EVENTUALLY!

Inkisallover
05-05-2008, 06:03 PM
Amy and Nancy, you guys are tooo funny!

spredbirds
05-05-2008, 10:29 PM
You guys crack me up ....

I definitely learned not to bring too much to work on .... I just don't seem to get it done ... you would have thought I would have learned this by now. I did push myself to get some things done on Sunday before I left.

I learned how to make a onesie card (and love it - Thanks Nancy) and how to make a altered fruit can (and love it - Thanks Becky)

I also learned that we have some of the greatest people on this board ... (actually I already knew this - it was just reinforced)

I also learned that my "mom instincts" can kick in at any time (ie using spit to clean faces, arms, tatoos) ... and it is very embarassing :)

But again the best thing that I learned is how much all these Shackies mean to me! Love you guys!!!

kimmyqtgirl
05-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I learned that

1. Indiana can be as long of a drive as North Carolina (13 hours) even though it's only 3 hours from my house
2. some people who work at Archivers don't know anything about Stamping.
3. Even campers like to stamp!
4. Drunk people can be rude / and nosy
5. You really don't eat much when your hands are busy crafting and your mouth is busy chatting
6. Shackapalooza needs to be a day longer!
7. I love alcohol inks!
8. I love the Scor-Pal
9. how to make so many neat projects that I hope to duplicate now that I am home.
10. Stampers can go all night long!

kimmyqtgirl
05-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I also learned that not everyone is familiar with tornadoe watches/warnings.

maxiesmom
05-05-2008, 11:23 PM
I also learned that not everyone is familiar with tornadoe watches/warnings.

Yeah that was sorta funny to me, I was just like oh no big deal. And I was not THAT bad in the morning! I was the only one( I think) that actually had to work for a few hours in the morning on Friday! I was tired!

kimmyqtgirl
05-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I didn't notice you weren't a morning person. Probably because we slept in. I am so not a morning person and I NEED my coffee. So when is the next MI meet up?

threefriends91
05-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanks for sharing ladies it sounds like you all had a great time..and l look forward to meeting soooo many of you..

Fief14
05-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I learned...

-a girls' road trip can be just as fun (or more!) as a guys' road trip.
-how to make baby onesie cards
-how to use alcohol inks & see what they were all about (Loved them!)
-how to make cute gift card holders
-how to make matchbox cards
-how to index unmounted stamps
-that I packed way too much stuff for such a short weekend (I brought it all!)
-that I can bring almost everything from my stamp room and still have room for 2 great friends and all their luggage in my SUV
-that I can shop at 5 craft/stamp stores and contain myself to only spend $150 between them all...TOTAL!
-that I've known all my Shackie friends forever, even though I've never met them face to face.

Thanks for the wonderful time ladies! I'm looking forward to Shackapoloosa 2009!

maxiesmom
05-07-2008, 09:59 PM
I learned...

-that I've known all my Shackie friends forever, even though I've never met them face to face.

Thanks for the wonderful time ladies! I'm looking forward to Shackapoloosa 2009!

sniff, sniff I love you, man. Ditto. :laugh:

GSMom385
05-07-2008, 10:28 PM
This was a great thread ladies. Too funny, I wasn't aware that drinking caused one to have an interest in stamping, hence the nosey drunks. Who knew? I will have to beware of those folks in my travels. At least it sounds like this time Chelsea wasn't banished to the corner, if you were letting her inner mom take over and spit to remove tattoos. Sounds like an awesome weekend, I am so sorry I missed it, but it is way fun reading about it. Missed the meetup but at least I get you guys everyday in the cyber world.

shuggy
05-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Like at MOA, I learned several things:

1) Angie is not a "morning" person. Do not even talk to Angie till she has her breakfast. Right Ang?

2) Angie's mom is real quick to throw ice down my shirt, without me realizing it till its done.

3) The time went by way too fast and I could've stayed another week!!

LOL

see what happens when i work 3 days in a row?? i miss this post!!!

yes, it's true. even people at work know not to bug me before 10!!!

i'm so sad i didn't go!! i'm definately going next year.

hehe...chelsea in the corner...i forgot about that!!!:nod:

ellie
05-08-2008, 10:46 AM
I learned lots of new things:
How to get my computer hooked up to the internet away from home (thank you Chelsey & Paula)
How to index my unmounted stamps (thanks again Chelsey!)
Some of the girls worked long and hard to make this a great event for all of us...Chris, Robin, & Chelsey!
That Colby loves to play in the snow and in his pool and if he ever breaks up with his girlfriend, Zoe or Molly are definately interested!
I learned 15 new projects including fruit cans, dominoes, paper piecing and folding...thank you to everyone who took the time to make the samples!
That we would all be lost without the shack and we are all very grateful to Sherry for all she does for us!
That spending time face to face with fellow shackies is the best time ever! I feel like I have lots of new sisters!

Spartymom
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
I've had to think about this, since I didn't keep notes for everything.

1. That Ellie and Pattie are sisters
2. That Robin & Chris are related
3. That some of us use the phrase "Hurry up let's go, so that we can get back."
4. Using the circle punch only half way makes a cool little corner
5. Use a thumbtack to poke holes in the paper
6. I learned so much from all the shoebox projects, it was really fun
7. It was nice to meet everyone in person, everyone got along and we just could do our own thing. Very relaxing.

Robinkay
05-08-2008, 11:48 AM
What I learned at Shackapaloosa:

1. That Amy looks like she works at the Inn!
2. I'm not eating meatloaf for a while! :confused:

3. That Chelsea can make her own Pink GG ribbon!
4. That Chris never had a massage before.
5. That I had the best time EVER with everyone!
And I can't wait until next year! :jiggy:

workin4stamps
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM
That Colby loves to play in the snow and in his pool and if he ever breaks up with his girlfriend, Zoe or Molly are definately interested!

LOL. Colby is not opposed to having more than one girlfriend! Of course I don't know how the ladies would feel about that......

:-)