PDA

View Full Version : I'm Back! It was horrible yall.

Erin K
05-08-2008, 04:56 PM
My computer had been giving me troubles, it totally crashed overnight Friday night!

It has been horrible. We tried to get it up on Saturday but no luck. Then it was Sunday *we don't shop on Sunday here* and on Monday we found a computer we liked from Brian's work. Problem, it was from a store called Fry that isn't here in town so they had to ship it.

It arrived today.

I hooked it up.

My internet wouldn't work

Called internet place

She tells me it's the power coard and she will send me a new one for just $9.99 and it will take 3-5 days. I freak out.

My friend Shara tells me that's crap and if I take it to the actual place her ein town they will give me a new one.

I go.

They DO give me a new one. They tell me to call them directly if I have any problems ever, if they can fix it they always do it free. I have NO IDEA why the local store fixes crap free, but the national help desk charges, but whatever.

Then from talking to them and such we realize our power supply is what is killing our computers. The computer that just died was only just over a year old. It's also what killed their power coard. *oh this is wireless broadband I'm talking about*

So I go to Circuit City and buy a new fancy surge protecter/battery backup fancy pants huge heavy thing to plug my stuffs into.

Come home hook up.

get online

try to reinstall my anti virus on this computer

can't do it

call customer service who tells me NO LIE that they have no record of me, I read them the emails and confirmations and such and he pretty much calls me a liar! I'm shocked.

I try to load it myself some more.

finally get it.

So I"m up.

Lost photos, but we have a computer guy friend who will recover them if I bring him my old hard drive, Lost all my feeds *I had like 200 of them* and also my favorites. But whatever! I'm up!

New computer seems wicked fast to me.

Oh and it's Vista. I'm not hating it yet. So don't tell me why I SHOULD hate it, I'm gonna just not hate it, why bother hating it.

And thats where I've been.

I did get a million birthday cards and I plan to post about them very soon.

Spartymom
05-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Everyone was worried about you too. Glad to hear from you and Happy Birthday.

Christie
05-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Glad to hear you are finally back up! I have Vista and I don't hate it so I'm sure you won't either!!! Sorry you had so many problems and hope that it's all behind ya know!

Sherry
05-08-2008, 05:17 PM
It's nice to have you back, Erin. I thought perhaps ya'll had some nasty super bug hitting your house and you all were shivering under blankets.

Well, thats what's happening here anyway. Sick, sick kids...AGAIN! I hate germy schools.

Erin K
05-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Yuck Sherry! I'm sorry to hear that.

We are all ok. I think I really do have an internet addiction though. It was awful!

I got a ton of house work done and made an ENTIRE scrapbook album. The whole thing! Sheesh! haha

scrapsoon
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Welcome back and glad to hear you are still okay.
Sorry hear that everyone is sick at your house Sherry.

cindi
05-08-2008, 10:41 PM
It's so great to see you back!
I was worried about you until someone posted that you were having computer troubles..I know all a bout those.
I hope the new computer treats you well
:)

ellie
05-08-2008, 10:56 PM
What a pain...I am glad you got everything back up and running.

threefriends91
05-09-2008, 07:07 AM
We were worried about you Erin..l'm sorry to hear about all the computor problems..but l'm so glad your okay and you got the problem fixed..
Happy Birthday to you, Happy late Birthday to you..Happy Birthday dear friend so glad your back too. this is your laugh for today...

mydogstinks2
05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
WOW! What a pain but were glad your back!!

logcabincreations
05-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Welcome back!