PDA

View Full Version : USPS Carrier Pick-up

workin4stamps
05-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I mailed a special package out today, and I used the USPS carrier pick-up service for the first time! I paid for my postage online, and then requested a carrier pick-up online. I put in special instructions for them to pick it up from my enclosed porch....and Voila!! When I got home from work they had picked up my package and left me a nice receipt.

Between this and buying my stamps online, I may never visit the post office again!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
Traci

scrapsoon
05-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Glad to hear everything went just fine:D
And it sure safe some precious time for stamping:D

cindi
05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
I have thought of trying this, maybe now I will
:)

tojoco
05-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Ooooo I may have to try that. I have a package waiting to be mailed but I hate going to the post office.

Firecracker
05-19-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm glad to hear this. I may try doing this, especially when it is cold and snowy out. Hugs, Heather

tojoco
05-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I just did it. I went to www.USPS.com and paid for my package and printed out my shipping label. Tomorrow my mailady should be picking up my package. This is an awesome service. The lines at my P.O. are so long that I really hate going there and this will be a big help.

workin4stamps
05-19-2008, 09:41 PM
plus when you print your postage online, they usually give it to you cheaper!! I paid like 40 cents less to ship my package than it would have cost if I went to the P.O. Can't beat that!!

ellie
05-19-2008, 09:48 PM
I just might have to give that a try. Our PO is alway so crowded and they never have a good selection of stamps!

iloveflipflops
05-20-2008, 05:54 AM
I sure hope that special package is coming to Concord, NC this week. Now that would be great :)

workin4stamps
05-20-2008, 06:22 AM
I sure hope that special package is coming to Concord, NC this week. Now that would be great :)

hmmm.....I can't remember where it was going..... but why would I need to send a package to Concord, NC??? Never heard of the place!!!

iloveflipflops
05-20-2008, 07:14 AM
Someone "fantabulous" is having a birthday this week!!!!

Christie
05-20-2008, 07:19 AM
I had thought about trying this but was a little afraid. Now that you have had a good experience I might give it a shot!

Suzanne
05-20-2008, 02:20 PM
I love using online postage & carrier pickup! We have a teeny little post office for a very large area and no matter what time or day you go in there is always a long line waiting.

tesschap
05-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Well - I tried carrier pick up for the first time today and they forgot to pick up my package! I let Evan take my car as his was in the garage and I had no way to get to the PO. I just called them and they feel terrible and promised to pick up my packages tomorrow.

workin4stamps
05-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Well - I tried carrier pick up for the first time today and they forgot to pick up my package! I let Evan take my car as his was in the garage and I had no way to get to the PO. I just called them and they feel terrible and promised to pick up my packages tomorrow.

oh dear! that's not good!!!

I wonder how Joanne made out with her package today???

tojoco
05-20-2008, 05:00 PM
My carrier picked up my package as scheduled. I just left it at the front door. This is awesome and I will continue to use this service especially since it is a few cents cheaper. I think I will also start ordering my postage stamps online too and have my mail carrier deliver them to me. I never have to look at those nasty mail people at the post office again. hehehe

tesschap
05-20-2008, 05:25 PM
My carrier picked up my package as scheduled. I just left it at the front door. This is awesome and I will continue to use this service especially since it is a few cents cheaper. I think I will also start ordering my postage stamps online too and have my mail carrier deliver them to me. I never have to look at those nasty mail people at the post office again. hehehe

I'm glad you had a good experience. I'll most likely give them another try. My package was an international package so I couldn't leave it in my mailbox and the mail lady didn't read the online message properly. I spoke with our post office and they said that they will allow me to leave my international packages in the mailbox as they know me so there shouldn't be any further mix up. I've been printing mailing labels including postage over the internet for a couple of months and I love this feature. I may never visit my Post Office again either :)