PDA

View Full Version : Dahle Trimmer 507

mustangsarah
12-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Where in canada can i find this trimmer?
I was looking at the site which some one posted, but it doesn't ship to Canada.
Dh gonna buy me one for christmas.

All help welcome.

Sherry
12-10-2006, 06:22 PM
I do believe most of the ladies are purchasing their trimmers from Rusty. He has an ebay store which you can find here: (http://cgi.ebay.com/DAHLE-12-Rotary-Paper-Trimmer-507-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ110066699128QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1 6500QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110066699128 )

He has great prices, is WONDERFUL to deal with, and ships to Canada.

Good luck!
Sherry

GrammaStamper
12-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Where in canada can i find this trimmer?
I was looking at the site which some one posted, but it doesn't ship to Canada.
Dh gonna buy me one for christmas.

All help welcome.

Try calling them to see if they have one in stock and how much they charge for it.

I bought mine from Rusty, the e-bay seller, and after paying $40.00 on duty into the country, it would have been the same as buying it in Canada. Try this place first.

http://www.dahle.com/dealers/NS.htm

HTH

Sherry
12-10-2006, 08:22 PM
Try calling them to see if they have one in stock and how much they charge for it.

I bought mine from Rusty, the e-bay seller, and after paying $40.00 on duty into the country, it would have been the same as buying it in Canada. Try this place first.

HTH

Wow, you had to pay duty, Barb? I didn't have to pay any duty on mine.

GrammaStamper
12-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Yes, Sherry, it was quite a shock, so it finally cost me $99.62, and I could have bought it from a store in Mississauga for about the same price, with the 3 blades! Oh well, that'll teach me.

mustangsarah
12-11-2006, 08:10 AM

HTH

Thank you Barb, I tried the store in Ns and they were out, but she gave me the number for a store in Ont. their cost was $86. So Dh is gonna order me one for christmas.I was looking on ebay as well and if you had to pay duty, I may as well order from Ont.

oozak
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Hello everyone!

This is Rusty from Oozak. Thanks to everyone who has been visiting our eBay Store. I thought I would share my thoughts on the duty subject.

We have been tring to find a way to ship to Canada without using UPS since the brokerage fee they must charge is so high. We found that using Global Express Mail (EMS, Xpresspost) costs the same as UPS but the brokerage is only CA$8 or so (better than the $30 UPS charges). Also, we do fill out the NAFTA paperwork to see if we can get it in without duty (even though they are made in Germany and not the USA). We don't mark items as GIFT as we have had too many problems in the past. We aslo don't use Aitmail because there is no tracking capabilities.

We are getting ready for the new year and are going to be changing most of our listings to not even offer UPS Standard to Canada, only Express Mail or Global Priority mail if the item weighs less than 4 lbs (which DAHLE 507 and DAHLE 507K trimmers are less than 4lbs. - means shipping will be a little cheaper or be able to stay the same next year.)

If anyone ever has any question, feel free to ask ;)

Rusty @ Oozak

lost luggage
12-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow- Rusty the trimmer guy is a member now! Is he our first "celebrity" LOL?

Erin K
12-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Wow- Rusty the trimmer guy is a member now! Is he our first "celebrity" LOL?

Although I'm pleased to see him on here he is not our first celebrity! First of all I'm on here, and I'm famous, no wait, that's infamous. No really Missy B from Missy B stamps is a member and the Bella girl (Emily) from that company is a member too. There might be others Oh yea, Cowboy Mark of course.

Everyone just go buy the trimmer! Or wait until later this week when I get mine and tell you if it's a great item to buy. You know I've never lead you wrong on what to buy! :)

lost luggage
12-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I am sad for people in Canada having to pay all that extra shipping stuff. I "ordered" the trimmer and extra blades for much less from DH. Hopefully I'll get one for Christmas.

Erin K
12-13-2006, 03:45 PM
What? Julie, you are married to the Ozark Ebay guy??? How on earth did I miss that?

oozak
12-13-2006, 05:04 PM
No pictures please ;)

Here is some more info on the 'Blue Trimmer':

DAHLE is having a price increase on the 507K only (models with all 4 heads). The MSRP is going up to US$109.95 ($10 more than 2006). they are also implementing a MAP (minimum advertised price) Policy. The MAP for the 507K is going to be US$71.47. I am going to be buying a bunch before the the price goes up and while they still have the promo on. So, if anybody is interested and wants one at our current promo price of US$59.95 I have set up a coupon code on our website, www.oozak.com (http://www.oozak.com), called STAMPSHACK. The price for 507K is currently $69.95 on our site, but if

you type that in at checkout it will take $10 off our price. I also added a dropdown for shipping methods. Both USPS Global Priority Mail & USPS Global Express Mail are listed. Once it's 2007, our price will show US$71.47, but the coupon code will still get you the US$59.95 price until we run out of the stock we bought on promo in 2006. After that, the coupon will make them US$67.95 or so.

Tell your friends ;) We have about 10 in stock now, but I will be getting plenty more next week. Here is a direct link to the 'Blue Trimmer' on my website: http://www.oozak.com/proddetail.php?prod=DAH507K

http://www.oozak.com/i/dah/cut/s/507ks.gif

Rusty @ Oozak

midnitecreations
12-13-2006, 05:06 PM
any reviews, since it has a very big sticker on it that says "Do not open till Christmas". When I ordered it from Oozark on e-bay, I ordered a couple other items and had problems with the shipping charges. Rusty actually called me and we sorted it all on the phone. Great service. I will however, be waiting for the day after christmas, when I can actually play with my trimmer! renu

Erin K
12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I have NO intention of letting it sit under the tree! Do you have any idea how many sheets of paper I need to cut before then??

So Julie and the trimmer guy are NOT married. I am just a dork and totally read it all wrong... See this is how rumors get started.

lost luggage
12-13-2006, 05:42 PM
WoW! That's really great to offer a Stamp Shack coupon code! Great business!

Sherry
12-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Do you happen to sell the decorative blades on their own? When I purchased my trimmer, I wasn't aware that there even were decorative blades!

Cheers,
Sherry

oozak
12-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Do you happen to sell the decorative blades on their own? When I purchased my trimmer, I wasn't aware that there even were decorative blades!

Cheers,
Sherry
We don't stock them yet. But we are going to beginning next year. Part of the problem is that each head sells for US$19.95 (MSRP), our price is US$14.95. They do have a prepack with all 4 heads for US$49.95 (MSRP), our price is US$36.95. To me, you are almost better off getting another trimmer for US$59.95, that way you can have 2 trimers set up if you wanted - 1 for straight, the other for crooked ;)

teabear
12-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Now I want/need one of these. DH was going shopping over the weekend...I think I'll just show him this link instead :)

Erin K
12-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Wow, I'm glad I did buy the pack with the extra heads then! I had a feeling I needed to spend the little bit extra and get that one!

firefly
12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been trying to order one and when I attempt to check out I get the infamous 'page not found' error! Shackers must be jamming the web site ha ha! Guess I'll call in the AM. Sally

oozak
12-13-2006, 07:47 PM
I've been trying to order one and when I attempt to check out I get the infamous 'page not found' error! Shackers must be jamming the web site ha ha! Guess I'll call in the AM. Sally
You get that on our website or our eBay site?

GrammaStamper
12-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Although I'm pleased to see him on here he is not our first celebrity! First of all I'm on here, and I'm famous, no wait, that's infamous. No really Missy B from Missy B stamps is a member and the Bella girl (Emily) from that company is a member too. There might be others Oh yea, Cowboy Mark of course.

Everyone just go buy the trimmer! Or wait until later this week when I get mine and tell you if it's a great item to buy. You know I've never lead you wrong on what to buy! :)

She was waiting on her confirmation to join The Shack. I laughed 'cause her forum name is Pickled-Tink, which is a play on her maiden name of Tinker (she provided me this info when I asked what her forum name was so I could watch for her posts).

firefly
12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Rusty - I get that error using the link you provided above.

firefly
12-13-2006, 08:00 PM
The second attempt worked - I hope! Thanks for the info Rusty. :notworthy:

oozak
12-13-2006, 08:13 PM
The second attempt worked - I hope! Thanks for the info Rusty. :notworthy:
Yup, I got the order.

Wow these are going fast! Only 5 left until the next load comes in next week!

Thanks for the business everyone!

Sherry
12-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Glad we could help you out, Rusty!! We'll have to add a permanent link to your webstore. I'm in the process of changing servers so, after that is complete, I will add your link somewhere that is easily viewable.

oozak
12-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Glad we could help you out, Rusty!! We'll have to add a permanent link to your webstore. I'm in the process of changing servers so, after that is complete, I will add your link somewhere that is easily viewable.
That would be great. I'll do the same.

What server company are you switching to? We are goning to switch next year. My once perfect hosting company has been problematic for the last few months. TRUE STORY - I called for service, the guy asked me to email a screen shot of the error, his email address was a Yahoo email address. i said, why do you have a Yahoo address and not a ValueWeb one? He said "I get so much SPAM in my email..." wait, wait, wait! So, they don't even use their own email servers. Like I said, they used to be flawless, now, I can't trust them.

Sherry
12-13-2006, 09:04 PM
That would be great. I'll do the same.

What server company are you switching to? We are goning to switch next year. My once perfect hosting company has been problematic for the last few months. TRUE STORY - I called for service, the guy asked me to email a screen shot of the error, his email address was a Yahoo email address. i said, why do you have a Yahoo address and not a ValueWeb one? He said "I get so much SPAM in my email..." wait, wait, wait! So, they don't even use their own email servers. Like I said, they used to be flawless, now, I can't trust them.

Wow, that doesn't say much about their service if they themselves don't even want to use their email servers! I have sent you a PM regarding my new web hosting company.

stampinnutof3
12-14-2006, 01:44 PM
I just did it...YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!! I can't wait to get mine thank you to all of you who enambled me enough it didn't help that I kept loosing my blades every other page on my CM cutter.