PDA

View Full Version : Midwestern Shackies!!!

ccstampin12
05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
Please report in here at the Shack!
I'm worried about this latest bunch of tornadoes and storms.
Let us know that you are all right!
HUGS
Joanie:worried:

Christie
05-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Yes, please check in with us so we know you are all ok.

Vintagegal
05-30-2008, 07:38 AM
We're OK (on our street). As I understand, mid to western Nebraska was hit pretty hard. There's a lot of flooded streets around town. Some trees were uprooted and fell down on the Air Force Base. I haven't gotten out of the house, yet. DH is already at work. He called to tell me what's happened on base, and that the roads are pretty drenched. Otherwise, we're OK. The basement hasn't flooded (which is something always worries me). Thank you, everyone, for your prayers and kind concern.

threefriends91
05-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Thank God Ethel l was up half the night Praying and was so worried l'm glad your basement hasn't flooded..When l read that Cindi was going to pack the kids up to sleep in the basement l felt sick inside, l sure Pray everyone is okay

MerryMimi
05-30-2008, 08:50 AM
No problems in Ncentral MO, just storms today.

suzi_f
05-30-2008, 09:01 AM
We didn't even have a threat of rain yesterday. but, today, that might be a different story! It's supposed to get HOT today & then, armageddon hits about 3pm. Dh is supposed to get in between 3-4. Hope he makes it w/o incident!

cecescraps
05-30-2008, 12:32 PM
Here in the Chicagoland area it has just started to rain pretty hard. We are suppose to have bad stuff as the day goes on... I'll keep popping in. Thanks for the kind thoughts and prayers- you can never have enough of those no matter what KWIM! :)

MidwestStamper
05-30-2008, 02:18 PM
Nothing in Minnesota this time--last Sunday some of the northern suburbs got hit hard with a tornado (I'm in the south suburbs).

scrapsoon
05-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank god you are all fine:D
Hope the rest that didn't checked in is okay to.

MnMommy2
05-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Doing fine here in Central Minnesota- just heavy rains and hail.

GSMom385
05-31-2008, 01:34 AM
We are ok here, but slept in the basement again with the weather radio on all night. Had some really big tree limbs down. There was a small town south and west of us called Attica that got hit pretty hard lots of houses lost or with damage. DH was going down there to help with some of the clean up as we have friends in the area, they were pretty lucky it sounds like given the straight line winds that were tracked in the area.

I guess if the storms have a silver lining, I almost have DH talked into some nice furniture for the basement, something we can sleep on. I think he is tired of the air mattress and the floor. We might upgrade to a soft sleeper. Right now my basement furinture is a soft slouch chair and bean bags. I am so thankful that when we built this house we put in the storm shelter. When we lived in Ankeny we didn't have that, but here we have a walk in closet in the room we use as a den that is solid block walls and a double beam ceiling in the middle of the south wall, which is supposedly the best place. So when the weather gets bad we sleep in the basement because it would take too long to go down the three levels to get to the shelter. This way we are literally steps away from the shelter if we need to go inside. I kind of wish our bedrooms were in the basement and we have talked about adding a wall in the big room to make three bedrooms and doing that but there isn't a bathroom down there and I think I would hate that getting up and walking up two flights in the am to use the bathroom.

Thank you for your prayers, they certainly must have helped keep us safe in the storm.

threefriends91
05-31-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh Cindy my heart was hurting for you and the others last night..Thank God your all okay Big Hugs..

ccstampin12
05-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Has anyone heard from Pam/smileycollector???
Joanie

Vintagegal
05-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Has anyone heard from Pam/smileycollector???

Norfolk, NE wasn't hit hard. It's farther up north. The mid to southern section of Nebraska was hit hardest (closer to Kansas). Then, the storm went eastward. Pam's neighborhood got doused with rain (and lots of it), but no damages to report in her neck of the woods. (None that I know of, anyway).

dreis1
05-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Our city got lots of rain and winds, down trees, roofs off, but no injuries that I have heard of. Just lots of people have to find temporary housing. Thanks for all the prayers and concerns. Glinda