PDA

View Full Version : 2nd day of School for Gavin

BeckyButtshaw
10-18-2006, 01:28 PM
He started pre-school on Monday (2 days a week) and it was soo hard for me to leave him-not to mention he was ticked! Well, he came out of class talking a mile a minute and so excited about his day-so that was good. But, I think today is the true test...I hope he doesn't cry. Wish us luck!

lbakerc42
10-18-2006, 01:37 PM
Good luck, Becky

Give us an update of how it went today!

iloveflipflops
10-18-2006, 01:39 PM
I hope he likes it. I remember Emily SCREAMED bloody murder at age 2 for a whole year - I just had to leave her like that and she would eventually be fine.

Now she is in 9th grade and such a joy as a teenager!!! NOT!

Good luck!

tojoco
10-18-2006, 03:11 PM
I left Corey at Mother's Day Out at the age of 2 for 2 days a week. The first day it took 3 girls to get him off my neck. He was crying and screaming and I was shaking. I even locked my keys in the car I was so nervous. The school called me 30 minutes later to tell me he had calmed down within 10 minutes and was playing with all the other kids. So I've been there and I know how it feels and I don't envy you at all. I don't want to go thru that again. Good luck!

Erin K
10-18-2006, 04:15 PM
:o I can't even imagine! I'm a wreck leaving Stephen in the same building as me for nursery class at church, and that's just one day a week for two hours. And I get to see him if he gets a dirty diaper. (never thought I'd be thankful for a dirty diaper) And Stephen didn't even cry, I bet I wouldn't have left him if he did! I'm bad.

I hope Gavin comes home happy again today. I bet he will, preschool is fun!

BeckyButtshaw
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
well, he did pretty good. As soon as he started to get upset I left and by the time I got out the door, he was fine. whew. Now the bummer is that they have fall break next week so he won't go back until the 30th-I have a feeling we'll be back to square one. :p

Erin K
10-18-2006, 05:03 PM
talk it up? Like make a cute countdown to school or something?

kulakid
10-18-2006, 05:25 PM
Tyson started preschool back in September, and I had DH go in late to work, so that he could be there (more for me than Tyson, but I DO have a great picture of son and Daddy walking in to school!). Turned out that Tyson had no problems staying, and loves going still (pumpkin patch on Friday!), but it still tears at me a bit when I turn to leave him...that first day was rough, but it DOES get a bit better as time goes on!!

Big hugs to you both!

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 05:58 PM
What is the general starting age for pre-school? Kindergarten? This sounds like I am going to have a horrible time with it. >nervous<

kulakid
10-18-2006, 06:18 PM
What is the general starting age for pre-school? Kindergarten? This sounds like I am going to have a horrible time with it. >nervous<

I didn't start Tyson until this year - he was 3 in June - and it turns out he was ready for it...we are only in once a week, fridays, for 2 hours, but I thought that was a good start back in May wheh I had to sign him up...a lot of it depends on the child, I guess!

And hey, now you know where to come on that 1st day for big 'ol hugs!!!:D

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 06:19 PM
And hey, now you know where to come on that 1st day for big 'ol hugs!!!:D

Sounds good...I'm on countdown... 2 years, three months. lol Maybe I can get ready by then. HA!:D

BeckyButtshaw
10-18-2006, 09:48 PM
talk it up? Like make a cute countdown to school or something?

Good idea! Maybe the more I keep it in his mind, the less likely he will be to forget how much he likes it!

stampcrazyjulie
10-18-2006, 09:55 PM
You sound just like how I was! They say it is worse for the Mom then it is for the Child, & I really believe that! It's hard to let them go and put on a happy face! :)