PDA

View Full Version : Work news...

toao
06-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I can't remember if I posted this or not, but Dh told me last Saturday that he had hired my BFF's daughter to work part time over the summer. So it looks like I won't have to be stuck here full time all summer. She's working 8-1 each day, so I only have to work 1-5:30 once she is trained. Today was her first day and she learned a LOT in just a few short hours. She works all next week and then has a youth trip (pre-planned) for a week, then's she's here the rest of the summer until school starts back. She'll be a Senior in HS next year and she'll graduate with 2 years of college completed. She's been dual enrolled for the past couple of years and has worked hard and done awesome. I'm a proud God-Mother.....yep, she's also my God-Daughter. I'm excited that DH decided to hire her and give her some experience and extra spending money. This is her first job. Her mom has called me twice today to see how she's doing and I told her to "give it a rest" and quit worrying. She's gonna do great.

mary

scrapsoon
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Glad to hear you well get some rest and won't have to work fulltime anymore.

Christie
06-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Hey that's great news!!!! I bet Tori is happy about being able to do more stuff now too!!! Glad she is learning fast!

lakeslady
06-06-2008, 04:18 PM
That sounds as if it is going to work out just fine for all of you. A hard working girl deserves a break like that.

cecescraps
06-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Whoo HOO!! This sounds like a "Win- Win" for everyone and she sounds like she'll make an excellent employee. Tell her we're all proud of her for doing so well in school and for taking on a job too. :)

My3Ds
06-06-2008, 05:48 PM
Here's hoping it works out for all of you.

GrammaStamper
06-06-2008, 10:19 PM
Glad all is falling into place for you, Mary and you will have time with Tori this summer.

threefriends91
06-07-2008, 05:45 AM
Wow this is great news Mary..l'm so glad you will have some special time with Tori and how sweet it is to beable to help someone get started in their first job...

teabear
06-07-2008, 10:03 AM
That's a winning situation all around. She sounds like a fine young woman.