PDA

View Full Version : Flooded here today

IMBlessed5
06-07-2008, 01:37 PM
It's quite a site for our little town! I actually just blogged about it! LOL! We are soooo fortunate where we are (on a hill). The surrounding towns? Not so much.

I have pictures on my blog though:
http://hookshappenings.blogspot.com/2008/06/flood-of-6708.html

Far North
06-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Oh Vicki that is a ton of rain!!! Hoping the sunshine comes out today for everyone!!!

tjenkins
06-08-2008, 10:25 PM
It was a lot of rain. They said on the news that we (Martinsville, IL) we got 9.1 inches. A town about 30 miles east of us didn't do fair as well,(West Terre haute, IN) they had to be evacuted. I don't know what they are going to come back to (or when) Last I heard though there were no serious injuries. Praise the Lord for that.

Vintagegal
06-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Vicki and Tammy, I feel so bad for you poor folks who are dealing with flooding. Our rivers are swollen, here, also near Omaha. We are not near the rivers or flood plains. Our ground seems to be absorbing the rains quickly in our neighborhood. Still, I get nervous. I hope the water recedes for you guys quickly.

spredbirds
06-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow Vicki ... that's horrible ... We live in IL too but didn't get that much rain!

It was funny when I saw this post I thought you were flooded with flood cards ... not a real flood!

Hope you have a lot of sunny days this week to help dry things out!

shurlyjean
06-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Yea... we got the rain too..... but most went north or down to you.

Shirley

IMBlessed5
06-09-2008, 04:08 PM
It was funny when I saw this post I thought you were flooded with flood cards ... not a real flood!

Too funny Chelsea!!! LOL!