PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me how to load....

Beaglelover
10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
a pic in my computer so I can put stuff in the Gallery?

I have a HP copier/printer/scanner but have never figured out how to I guess scan a card into memory for use in the Gallery.

Please be basic and pretend I am REALLY stupid.

I would appreciate any help you could give me.

We are on MSN dial-up and I don't know if you even need to know that.

Hey, where is that Mark that works for Sherry? Maybe he could help me:) !

Thanks.

Teresa

dgbearsmom
10-18-2006, 03:14 PM
If you scan your card using your scanner, it will then prompt you to save it somewhere on your computer. I have a folder on mine that is just for projects that I upload like this. We have an HP scanner on DH's computer and I think all you have to do is put the card on the scanner bed face down and click the scan button. It will bring up your scanner software, then you can select where to put it. Actually, I think when I use that scanner it automatically puts stuff in a My Scans folder under My Documents. I have a different type on my pc, so I am probably not helping you at all.:confused:

Judy

cindi
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
then save it to my pics. Then when I post I just get it from my pics. HTH
Cindi:)

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Your HP comes with a program called "HP Image Zone". I find that is the easiest way to edit the pictures. Sinply place the card on the scanner, hit the scan button, the scanner will then prompt you to select which software you want the image to go to. Select the Image Zone and let it fly.

Once the scanner is done scanning, the computer will prompt you if you would like to scan another image or stop. You choose.

THEN wait a few seconds...maybe like 20-30 seconds...the computer processes the image and puts it into the Image Zone. It should automatically open the Image Zone and go to your scanned image.

Your dial up connection has nothing to do with this. :)

After you edit the picture..(crop or rotate it), just save it. Your computer will save all your cards in a folder called "My Scans".

To upload to the gallery, just click on browse, then go to your scans, and click on your card. The site does the rest.

I am all too familiar with HP and their scanning/image software....just shoot me an email if you need any more help. I am happy to help. :)

Julie

Beaglelover
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
I just copied your instructions. So I will try it.

Something else wierd going on. My computer has dc'd me from the internet about four times in the last 10 minutes. You wouldn't happen to know what causes that????

Thanks again.

Teresa

lost luggage
10-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Maybe your ISP is having trouble? I have not used dial up in several years....I would look at that first.

Email me if you need more help. :)