PDA

View Full Version : Not to beat a dead horse... (AI ornaments)

Erin K
12-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I decided to try another variation. I put paint inside some of mine. I put dark colors and then moved it around until it coated all inside and it was a totally different and cool look! I put blue in one and it was super cool, black in two and red in another. Looks like there are endless variations of this painting a glass ball buisness!

iloveflipflops
12-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Who are you giving these ornaments to? Or are you keeping them for yourself? Just wondering ... I haven't made any.

flyingflower
12-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I used different color glitters in each of mine - amazing the difference that fine glitter vs med makes too. BTW, had someone request pink - PALE pink! There are no AIs that remotely resemble pale pink :nah: Put pale pink holographic glitter it, used tiny bits of cranberry & wild plum on the outside with a little pearl additive and a LOTof blender solution. She was THRILLED. :grin:

lisaguyon
12-13-2006, 04:22 PM
I made the paint ones several years back and they are great. If you dilute the paint a little it will take less time to dry too. They look so neat. lisa

kerry
12-13-2006, 04:37 PM
boy they were beautiful.

I also dripped glue down the edges of the outside then put that chunky clear glitter on...it looked like ice dripping down the ornaments.

Kerry

Trapedinga
12-14-2006, 07:47 AM
Here's two other variations on the AI ornaments.
The first one I saw on HGTV with Tim Holtz. You cover the inside with the glue that you use for gold leafing and let dry. Then you flick PearlX powders inside. Coat the inside with a mixture of 50/50 black acrylic paint and water. Drain and let dry. These are really pretty.
The other is to get the big glass ornaments at Wallyworld they are already pre-glittered on the inside. I made 3 of these for a girl at work. They came out really nice. I wish I could post them but I don't have a digital camera and you can't scan a round ball.LOL:nod:
Maybe Santa will bring me one. I think I've been good this year.:yes: