PDA

View Full Version : To those who are doing WW, how do you spread your points out over the day?

iloveflipflops
12-14-2006, 02:58 PM
This is what i am currently doing and wondering if I should alter it someway:

Breakfast I usually eat 4 points (usually oatmeal and oj)
Lunch I tend to eat around 6 points so that makes it 10 points.
Around mid-afternoon I get hungry and i snack on a 2-3 point item and then I am at 13 points. I can now have 7-8 points for dinner which makes it hard but I try and eat what I make the rest of the family only in moderation.

What do you all do????

workin4stamps
12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
I tend to eat about 30% of my points for breakfast, about 20% for lunch, and the other 50% for dinner!

I find that if I eat a GOOD breakfast, it helps me to not be hungry throughout the day. I'm not usually starving at lunch, so my small lunch keeps me satisfied till dinner. Then at dinner I eat the most. I know I should probably eat less then, but there is just something in my brain that I have to have a nice big dinner, or I feel starved!!!!

One tip I learned from watching Dr Oz on Oprah. He said if you eat fiber for breakfast, it will help keep you FULL throughout the day. Maybe try a high fiber cereal or something and see if that keeps you more satisfied than the oatmeal???? You can also buy orange juice with added fiber. No pulp orange juice does NOT have fiber. I prefer the no pulp kind, but I switched back to pulp after learning that.

Also----highly processed foods tend to make people hungrier. They have very little nutrition (empty calories!), so they do not stick with you. I am trying to cut processed junk out of my diet. It's not perfect, but I'm doing better!!!I have recently learned that even my granola bars, which I thought were pretty "healthy", really--are NOT. sigh.

:-)
Traci

lisaguyon
12-14-2006, 03:43 PM
Sherri- Sorry I am not much help here. I have lots of points still so it is way easier to me (although I wish I had less cause that would mean I weighed less) But this is mine so far today:

2 boiled eggs 4
toast 1
tea 0
orange 1
hot choc 2
chicken soup 4
Gramcracker 2

and I still have like 18 points to go for dinner.

Erin K
12-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Yea, you will hate my 34 point having self too. I do

Carnation instant breakfast, it's 4 points with skim milk and really fills me for the morning.

I try to do 6 points for lunch.

Then I have 24 for the rest, which I KNOW is how many most people get all day... I do drink OJ sometimes in the day and that's more points...

ccstampin'
12-14-2006, 05:29 PM
but when I'm being "good" I have:
Breakfast:
OJ 1pt
Special K 2 pt
1 cup skim milk 2 pt
Coffee 0 pt

Lunch:
Fat Free Yogurt 2 pt
Berries one half point
1 reduced fat Graham Cracker 1 pt
Salad with FF dressing 1 pt
h2o

Snack:
Coffee with fat free flavored creamer (I don't count this, but should)

Dinner:
Usually, a regular dinner which would be worth around 10-12 pt.
If we go out for dinner anyplace special, it dips into my flex points.
I often make the WW English Muffin Pizzas and eat a salad with them.

Evenings are hard:
I try to save a few points for the TV snackies.....WW Fudge Bars, WW 1-pt bar, 94% Fat Free Popcorn, apple, FF, SF Pudding with Cool Whip Free, etc.

I was allowed 24 points until I read about the new system...can I just pretend I don't know this? I lost a couple of points~ WAH!!! I need to get up and walk, then I'd get more~
Joanie
I think my smilies are not working.....grin!

lost luggage
12-14-2006, 05:32 PM
I am curious....what dies WW say about caloric intake? How many calories can you have per day? or..do you have to count everything as a point?

Erin K
12-14-2006, 05:36 PM
It's all about counting the points, but they are some formula of calories, fat grams and fiber. More fiber means it lowers the points, higher calories and fat, more points.

Also you have to eat 5 or something servings of veggies tons of water and a bunch of dairy too. I think sometimes we get all concerned with the points and forget to do the other parts. I know I do! I eat the veggies easy, I love them, but I don't do the water.

lisaguyon
12-14-2006, 05:51 PM
I do the water but struggle with the veggies and fruits. I do get most of them in most days. Hardly every meet the dairy since I do not drink milk but some days I get it with yogurt. lisa