PDA

View Full Version : Embossing and copics?

directmailscrapper
07-11-2008, 11:52 PM
I am embossing challenged. I've decided to work at it because you guys do such cool things with embossing powder! So tonight I used Versamark and embossed with fine black embossing powder. Then I thought I'd color with copics. NOT!

Does this mean you can't color with alcohol based markers when you emboss?

kimmyqtgirl
07-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Nancy I had heard this somewhere before. The alcohol inks don't mix well with embossing powder. I never tried it. Did you check out this site yet http://ilikemarkers.blogspot.com/? She knows a ton about copics!

GSMom385
07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Nancy, I emboss and color with my copics all the time. Here is my embossing advice, something I learned by accident but it was a huge ah ha momemt for me when I took a class at MOA last year. Stamp in any color you like with any type of ink you like and then use fine clear embossing powder. It will emboss and look like you used colored powder and give you the same look. You can put it over black, blue, green anything. Then if you get a little bit where you don't want it, you take a craft knife and simply gently take it off, nobody knows that way, and you don't get those little spots. My favorite combo that I do quite a bit, is glossy cardstock, versamark fine detail black and then the clear embossing. I then color with my copics, pencils or anything you like. Your cardstock is what makes a big difference when coloring with the copics. If it has a slick coated finish they will do better and not get under the ink and embossed parts of your project. Since I am a demo I use mostly CTMH cardstock, but I have also used SU, Archivers, and even the heavy 110 lb cardstock they sell in the school supply aisle at Wally world. The cheap stuff from Hobby Lobby doesn't do well it bleeds terrible. Obviously all of this is IMHO. I love that website Kimmy listed above she give AWESOME advice about copic markers.

directmailscrapper
07-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Kimmy and Cindy,

I spent most of my day at ilikemarkers' blog! Then I gave my DH a list of copics he can choose from for my birthday! I'm playing tonight. I don't have any clear embossing powder, but I obviously need some! Thanks for the advice!