PDA

View Full Version : Update on me - Good & Bad

jazzypurple853
07-22-2008, 07:32 AM
Good news and bad news.

Good news:
It seems as though my ear has stopped bothering me. The docotr had me go on a soft diet, (eat only soft foods, take ibuprofen and do a heating pad on the ear). I did this for about 1 week, eating soft food got pretty old after a while. I have a hearing test scheduled for next week that I'm gonna keep.

Bad news:

Back in April o I injured me knee , I thought the pain would go away it didn't.
I'm still not sure how I injured it. Anyways, I called to make an appointment, well the doctor couldn't see me for 2 months. :mad: I tried to get in earlier but didn't have much luck. Well yesterday was my appointment. I finally found out what is going on. This is happening in both knees, the right one is worse than the left. I have 2 bones in both knees, that are hitting one another. So I feel lots of pain just walking. I haven't been able to drive too much. At the end of the day, I feel as though someone is pulling at my legs like taffy. Sometimes it feels like someone is squeezing the heck out of my knee. Anways, I'm told that I have to go for physical therapy. So I'm going to call today to see if I can get in sometime this week. I have to see the doctor in 6 weeks to see if the physical therapy worked. If it hasn't worked he may have to do a cortisone shot. Which I want to completely avoid.

Also, why do they always ask how much you weigh no matter what problem you go in for? I was afraid to weigh myself before I went in, so I gave myself a good number, is that bad or what?

Christie
07-22-2008, 07:35 AM
Well glad to hear that your ear is doing better but sorry about your knees. I hope that the physical therapy works for you!

hutchink
07-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Glad that you ear is better that is great news! I hope that the PT works for you knees! Being in pain is NO fun! Let us know how the PT is working! Thinking good, happy, positive thoughts for you!

suzi_f
07-22-2008, 08:28 AM
Good luck. Hope you get in PT faster than 2mos! And I hope that it works & FAST!! Knee pain is no fun!

I hate that my dr wants to weigh me everytime I come in. I finally got up the nerve to refuse. I'm not here for a weight related issue, you don't need to weigh me!!! The staff didn't do anything but the dr still yelled at me 'cause "you too fat"! Well, you wear socks w/flip flops in the winter. So there! (I hate my dr!!)

ellie
07-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I am sorry you have to deal with all of this...keep us posted on how things are going.

Darleneh710
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi Shelley, Glad to hear about your ear, sorry that your knees are in a lot of pain. I hope the PT works for you as well and doesn't take as long.

As for the weight issue, all I can say is one I dont mind getting weighed each time, that's just me. But I think the reason they do it or at least the reason my dr does it b/c they want to keep an eye out on your weight to make sure that you stay healthy in that regard you know? I don't mind it as I would love to know if I gained weight and then could control it better.
hth