PDA

View Full Version : Only 150 days till Christmas (according to my blog counter) LOL

iloveflipflops
07-27-2008, 11:25 AM
I know its early to be thinking about the holidays coming up but with the prices going up everyday it seems, do you think you'll be cutting back on your spending this Christmas?

I definitely think we will. I have no idea what the kids are gonna get .. now that they are both teenagers, I can't think of anything other than cash or gift cards.

But we will definitely be cutting back on everybody this year.

My3Ds
07-27-2008, 11:29 AM
You have got way toooooooo much time on your hands. :) Cutting back? Just when I thought you were going to get me a Pandora braclet too. lol. I'm not sure I'm liking your newest 'ticker'. I can't bare to think about school starting and summer ending. :( It makes me sooooooooooo sad.

GSMom385
07-27-2008, 11:41 AM
You are just a wealth of good information aren't you. DH and I just had a discussion last night about our budget and where are we going to start scaling back. We haven't been eating out as much and when we do we are picking cheaper places to do it at. My expense coverage money isn't going as far as it use to on my meals when I travel so I have taken to taking my cooler along. In fact at work they have scaled way back on my trips too.

We haven't talked about Christmas, but we did discuss my MOA trip and I have a very tight budget I am going to be required to follow.

Christie
07-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Do you have to remind us!!! LOL! I went to take our cans in yesterday and the man told me "Santa will be here in soon!" I thought it was kinda strange that he just came up with that out of the thin blue air. LOL! Maybe he is like you and has a countdown ticker to Christmas!! LOL!!

dreis1
07-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Sherri, I thought you wre going to tell us you were done wiyh your Christmas Cards and starting on your Valentine Cards.

Since our three DDs are all grown with families of their own, we cut way back when I became disabled and could no longer work. Would you believe $10.00 per person. I know that is not very much money, but by the time that I do that for birthdays and Chrostmas is all adds up. I refuse to put any thing on the credit card. I usually pay for the food for all the holiday meals, plus cook the birthday dinner of their choice. They have good jobs and can buy anything they want. They don't do without anything. Mom has to live within her means. Its hard to do this, because I would love to give them the world. Glinda

teabear
07-27-2008, 12:09 PM
We have been cutting back on everything this summer. The city rescinded the July 1st raise that was already in the contract, so we have been trying to adjust since June for that. We used our welfare check (IRS govt stimulus package) for our vacation and for a new bed for Kyle. The kid is too tall for his twin size bed now! LOL

Haven't thought about Christmas much. I'm not really extravagant usually anyhow. It will probably be about the same with cuts in other areas.

hutchink
07-27-2008, 12:52 PM
We are lucky Joe gets his bonus check the day before Black Friday every year! Though we are not planning on getting to much for the boys this year- they have so much all ready! Last year we stayed at a indoor water park Christmas Day. We had one of the BEST Christmas ever- so we plan to do that again instead of lots of gifts! The time we spend together hanging out is so much more meaningful!

Suzanne
07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
:chatterbox: I so did not need to know this information! I still have 1 more birthday and then I will start thinking about Christmas. As Scarlett said tomorrow is another day.

Patty
07-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Yep--at work we count weeks and quarters so I always know how far we are in the year. I've been thinking about Christmas--glad I'm not alone. I've been cutting back in general--actually tried to do that last year--. With the little ones they really don't think much of it as long as they get things to unwrap. The older ones are old enough to understand and should be doing the same, no?

pesc
07-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I find that Christmass is coming way to fast this year... or should I say the baby!?!? I told my husband 1 month ago I had to start working on my Christmass gift... He laugh but since I'm doing almost all my Christmass gift... I need to start early... I'm not seeing my toes anymore... and it will be harder and harder to craft (I will be huge by the end of the pregnancy.) On top of that, since I will give birth at the end of November, I will not have much time to prepare for Christmass with a little bundle at home... I hope it will goes smoother then with Audrey because I was in a survival mode for a least 2 months! I won't have another baby with a paralysed arm this time since I will have a C-section but still... who know what kind of baby I will get (I know a girl and a cute one but a crying one? an hungry one?!?) LOL

Well I should put a goal to make at least 2 gifts a week for the next weeks so I could get them all done. Since Pascal will not have a job after the mid October... and my income will decrease during the one year maternity leave, we will be "calm" on Christmass gift but we rarely goes up the sky with those. I'm lucky enough to have money coming in for the whole year that I will be in maternity leave since Chistie told be that they have only 6 weeks of unpaid leave after a birth!!!

Well that was a chatty post! Sorry :)

Oups... I don't even have talked about Christmass cards! LOL