PDA

View Full Version : Digital cameras...

teabear
12-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Ours died this week, so we are going to replace it as a Christmas gift to ourselves :) I'd like something on the small side that takes great pics with zoom and flash available. Does anyone have any recommendations?

mahodgman
12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I've got a Cannon Power Shot that I really like. DH really wanted to buy the Cannon Rebel when got this one, but it was too expensive. It has been very reliable and takes great pics. I wouldn't say it is all that small, though. I've seen some much smaller ones available.

inkinupstamps
12-16-2006, 09:54 AM
and absolutely love it.

We got Canon SD 600 Elph. It takes fantastic shots, built in flash, digital video clips. small, easy to use for someone like me who has large hands though.

The quality of photos is outstanding. So far I'm the only one to use it and I've never been the greatest photographer and this little camera's photos look like a pro took them!:nod:

We are thrilled we chose this one!

teabear
12-16-2006, 10:33 AM
We had a Fuji before and really like the quality, but the camera was heavy & bulky. I'll look into both of those Canons you mentioned.

Far North
12-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I think camera's are a lot like computers...that one needs to decide how it will be used prior to selecting the features and eventually the exact product.
For me I love to take a lot of outdoor shots of Alaska's landscape and animals with in a fairly fast series of photos. They are always a great distance from the camera so I need decent zoom lenses. I too wanted small because I do have another bulky digital camera. I purchased a Minolta-Dimage Z6-6Megapixels and 12x opitical zoom. Great camera for my use.
Happy shopping...Jan

GrammaStamper
12-16-2006, 10:58 AM
We have a Canon Power Shot A95 and I love it. It's easy to use and small enough to fit in my DH pocket, but the buttons are large enough that his big hands can use them without hitting two buttons at the same time. It takes video clips and has about 7-8 different settings from stills to action shots at sporting events. Check it out.

lost luggage
12-16-2006, 11:02 AM
The photographer and I were talking last week...she too recommended the Elph. :)