PDA

View Full Version : Question about Sherry's Santa Stamp

tojoco
10-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I really like the color used for the Santa stamped on the Stampin Up page; the bottom left. Can anyone tell me what color stamp pad I need to order? Thanks

mahodgman
10-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Where is the Stampin Up page? Do you mean the test samples she stamped?

mahodgman
10-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Oh ya, I see what you are talking about. I'm guessing it is either Basic Brown or Close to Cocoa. You might want to PM Sherry and asked her what she used for sure.

Sherry
10-19-2006, 06:14 AM
I really like the color used for the Santa stamped on the Stampin Up page; the bottom left. Can anyone tell me what color stamp pad I need to order? Thanks

Hi Joanne,

The bottom left Santa was stamped in close to cocoa. The bottom right is chocolate chip.

In all honesty, the best ink will probably be Versafine by Tsukineko. It is specifically made for fine detailed/photographic stamps like the Santa. I had tried out this ink with my Santa but the image came out blurry. Kimmylynnd suggested that my paper was probably not the best and was allowing the image to bleed (this gal knows her stuff). Oh yes, Kim and I both agree that the Santa would look great stamped in Vintage Sepia (a color of Versafine ink).

So, some helpful hints for you ladies who bought the stamp.

Use a good quality paper, one that does not encourage bleeding of the image
Use an ink specifically formulated for fine detail/photographic images
Apply ink with a brayer - I find this gives an even application of ink and prevents blotchy spots.Hope this helps!
Sherry

tojoco
10-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Great advise I will heed. Thanks so much.

dgbearsmom
10-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm such a newbie, I didn't even know that there were inks specially formulated for these types of images and I probably would not have thought of the brayer either. I knew I needed one of those for something!

Thank you, Sherry. I definitely want to do justice to your beautiful stamp!

Judy

stampcrazyjulie
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
Great tips! The Santa is such a detailed stamp, you want to make sure that you get it inked up just right! I have never tried a brayer, hmmm I had better go purchase one!