PDA

View Full Version : I feel so sad today!

midnitecreations
08-20-2008, 09:19 AM
The kids are back in school today. I should be happy that I've got tons of me time again, but I'm really so sad. I never could handle the first day of school well. The kids are excited, but now I'm so lonely. The house is quite, and there no pitter patter of little and big feet. No legos on the floors, no little mattel cars to walk over. No music blaring from my teenagers room. Man, I can hear myself rattling around this house. No one to make breakfast for. I always feel like crying and actually do cry on the first day of school. I know that's kind of dorky of me, but I know I'll be fine in a couple of days just today is hard. I never can stay in the house, so I booked myself a pedicure and a facial. Hey, that aught to cheer me up!!

logcabincreations
08-20-2008, 09:29 AM
A pedicure and facial would cheer me up...lol. I have 1 more going to middle school as the other 2 are finished, so it will seem strange not having a child in high school since I've been a volunteer there for the last 6 years.

Spartymom
08-20-2008, 09:34 AM
The pedicure and facial is the way to go! I know that Sept. 2, I'll be a little teary eyed too. But, I'm going to get in the van and go workout at Curves. I'll see my friends there who will cheer me up.

My3Ds
08-20-2008, 09:44 AM
A pedi/manicure are good ideas. Keep yourself busy today. My guys go back on Monday and although I still have one at home, I will most likely cry when I put them on the bus. I don't like the first day of school either. I hope you enjoy your "me" time today.

5treasures
08-20-2008, 10:19 AM
One of my girls started today too. Today is also her birthday. She looked so sad leaving when all her other sisters don't start until tomorrow. I felt horrible watching her leave so sad. I still cry too..You are not alone there. An I have had years of practice..My oldest startes college on Monday.
Deb P

flyingflower
08-20-2008, 10:23 AM
DS went back to school today. Yesterday was "open house" so we all went over to the school, dropped off his supplies, said hello to all the teachers.

My mom is visiting right now - we started the tradition a few years back. She comes to open house & is at the bus stop on the 1st day of school. In addition, DS gets a new back-to-school outfit from Grandma (well, she gives it to him, but I do the picking out, LOL).

I was at the bus stop this morning taking photos as he got on the bus & will leave work early today to be there when DS gets off the bus (at his request). Another tradition for the 1st & last day of school.

ellie
08-20-2008, 11:43 AM
I feel the same way. I think I was more upset about them going back than they were.

Christie
08-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Well if that doesn't cheer you up you could always get the legos and cars and scatter them all over the place then go to your teenagers room and turn the radio up loud!!! That might help, then you have to clean it all up and by the time you do all of that they should be getting out of school and you'll be wishing they would go back! LOL!!!!!

cecescraps
08-20-2008, 11:58 AM
You ladies are making me feel so much better!! Patrick and Merritt start tomorrow and it will be a BIG year for them b/c Patrick is a Senior and Merritt is a Freshman!! I can still see Patrick on his very first day of school with his backpack that was as big as him - he didn't want me to walk him in that first day so, he gets out of the car and gave me a little wave, then marched right in the school w/out looking back. I bawled all the way home and I will be probably do the same thing tomorrow when he and Merritt pull out of the driveway. I'm happy and excited for them but, where did my baby boy and girl go???

midnitecreations
08-20-2008, 02:13 PM
O.k., here I was feeling like a dork about feeling so down and out and crying. You guys definitely made me feel like I'm not the only one that feels so sad. Oh and Christie, if I scattered all that stuff around, i'd only step on and it and there wouldn't be anyone to yell at except me. That sure would be an interesting session. Would I give myself a timeout for leaving my toys out in the middle of the walkway!

Christie
08-20-2008, 02:52 PM
O.k., here I was feeling like a dork about feeling so down and out and crying. You guys definitely made me feel like I'm not the only one that feels so sad. Oh and Christie, if I scattered all that stuff around, i'd only step on and it and there wouldn't be anyone to yell at except me. That sure would be an interesting session. Would I give myself a timeout for leaving my toys out in the middle of the walkway!

LOL!!!! Well you could give yourself a timeout but then you'd just sit there and think about how lonely you were. I guess you'd just have to give yourself a stern talking to and then pick your own mess up!!! LOL!!!

directmailscrapper
08-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Renu, I'm sorry you are going through kid withdrawl! Emily doesn't start back until next Wednesday -- and it won't seem that different to me except that our routine will be back more to normal. She can't wait. We'll see how long that lasts!

midnitecreations
08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
lol "kid withdraw!" I knew there was a term for what I was going through.