PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a good zucchini bread recipe??

cindi
08-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a few that are begging to0 be made into zucchini bread..actually I may make them into muffins. so who has a good recipe for me?
:)

Christie
08-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Let me see if I can find mine!

Christie
08-21-2008, 01:12 PM
2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour (or you could use bread flour)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cups applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablsp. vanilla exract

Preheat oven to 350.
Place zucchini on several layers of paper towels and cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 mins. pressing down occasionally.

Combine flour and the next five ingredients(flour through baking powder) in a large bowl and stir well. Make a well in the center of the mixture.

Combine zucchini, applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla; mix well then add to the center of the dry ingredients; stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Divide batter evenly between two loaf pans coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 mins. or until wooden pick insterted into center comes out clean.

logcabincreations
08-21-2008, 01:34 PM
mmmmmmmm....I can smell it...lol

tesschap
08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini
3 cups all purpose flour (or you could use bread flour)
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cups applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tablsp. vanilla exract

Preheat oven to 350.
Place zucchini on several layers of paper towels and cover with additional paper towels. Let stand 5 mins. pressing down occasionally.

Combine flour and the next five ingredients(flour through baking powder) in a large bowl and stir well. Make a well in the center of the mixture.

Combine zucchini, applesauce, egg, oil and vanilla; mix well then add to the center of the dry ingredients; stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.

Divide batter evenly between two loaf pans coated with cooking spray.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 mins. or until wooden pick insterted into center comes out clean.

YUMMY! Add some dark chocolate chips to that and I'll be right over :)

CharityHand
08-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Oh, I love zucchini bread! I don't have a recipe, but just had to chime in. LOL

Mrs. StampFantasy
08-21-2008, 03:46 PM
@ cindi

i can give you a recipe for soup, if you want.

cindi
08-21-2008, 04:58 PM
@ cindi

i can give you a recipe for soup, if you want.

I'd love your soup recipe..my folks keep sending over the zuchini, so soup would be great too

Christie
08-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Cindi you can fry it too. Just cut it into thing rings batter em up and fry em!! Yummo!!!!!

cindi
08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Cindi you can fry it too. Just cut it into thing rings batter em up and fry em!! Yummo!!!!!

also I like to dip them in egg, roll them in bread crumbs, spray with olive oil and bake them..but Df will not eat them either of those ways,. He thinks he doesn't like zuchini..but he loves zuchinni bread, muffins and I made taco the other night and hid some in the taco meat..he never knew!
lol

loobylou
08-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you want Tipsy Chocolate zuchiini muffins?
let me convert my measurements and I'll be right back

Ingredients
2 cups Self Raising flour
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup cocoa
1 ½ cups white sugar
1 cup chopped nuts - (Pistachio, walnut, almond, hazelnut). Keep aside ¼ cup for the tops of muffins
2 cups grated zucchini (you can use the ones that have grown large- just remove the seeds first)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon kahlua or rum
½ cup water

Method
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (350F). Line muffin tins with 18 paper muffin cases.

2. In a large bowl, sift flour, salt, cocoa and sugar.

3. In another bowl combine eggs, zucchini, kahlua, water and olive oil

4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and add the nuts.

5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pans. Cups should be at least 3/4 full.

6. Sprinkle nuts over the raw mix and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

7. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.

cindi
08-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I never say no to chocolate!!

Christie
08-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I will have to get my aunt's recipe for chocolate zucchini cake, it's really yummy!!!

cindi
08-21-2008, 09:18 PM
what is SR flour?

Christie
08-21-2008, 09:19 PM
what is SR flour?

Self Rising

smokiesgal
08-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Mrs. StampFantasy
08-22-2008, 03:54 AM
I'd love your soup recipe..my folks keep sending over the zuchini, so soup would be great too

Here it is:

1 kilogram Zucchini
1 Clove of garlic
a little bit butter
2 Onions
half a litre of vegetable broth
a little bit Chervil
200 grams cream
Salt, pepper, basil

Preparation:
Finely chop garlic, onions and cut into cubes along with the garlic in butter glassy cooking. Zucchini dice, the onions into the pot and briefly cooking. The vegetable broth and add sage, just boil and then about 15 minutes
slightly cooking. Then everything in the Mixers and add the cream. with salt and pepper to taste and serve shortly before the fresh basil leaves or chopped dried basil over the soup.

I hope you can understand my translation from germany to english. :wacko:

My older son is a very,very terrible eater. This he don`t eat and that he hate but this soup he eat and i`m happy.:notworthy:

cindi
08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
this sounds soo good! I can definatly understand it enough to to convert measurements.
thank you!