PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this craft desk please!

stamper272001
08-24-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi Ladies,

I wasnt sure really where to post this question, so I hope here is ok! lol

I am in the process of getting a new craft desk and this one has caught my eye. They are imported from the US (I am in Australia) and the whole package of the desk and matching hutch retails for nearly $1300!! Yeah I know......ouch!!

Anyways my hubby says I can order it if I want, but I am just trying to get some feedback on it first. If you own one, can you please let me know what you think of it? Whats the quality like ect!

I will attempt to upload a pic of it now
Thanks so much for any help or advice you can give!

Karen
xo

toao
08-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Can you add the link of where you're ordering from so we can see a larger picture?

ccstampin12
08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
This reminds me of the furniture I have ordered from www.bestcraftorganizer.com (http://www.bestcraftorganizer.com) .
I wonder if that's where you found this???
I haven't ever gotten a desk/hutch, but I have gotten the storage units....actually several! This company is from Canada...great service and customer service.
I'm curious to know where this is from too!
Joanie

ccstampin12
08-24-2008, 10:08 AM
PS....
This looks great, by the way!
LOL
Joanie

Paula Carden
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
I have seen this at a stamp show, I don't have it but it would be great because of all the storage at your fingertips.
I had a friend make one of the triple stack organizers for me- I love all of the drawers and I hope sometime I can another one. I should have had him to do 2-it is great storage for stamps but mine is full. I would like to have another to do ink pads, pencils/pens punches etc...
I have my paper in the literature organizer 8.5X11 and it sits right behind me.
I tend to use what is right close by.

suzi_f
08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Ok, here's the pessimist Suzi again: Seems like WAY TOO MUCH $$$ for what it appears to be. It may have cool "hidden" features but seems very expensive for just a "desk". I've spent days & days looking at desks for dd & this doesn't seem any "better" than any of those & they were way less $$$. Looks to me like you could use a regular desk & custom fit it w/the organizers from Target & Michaels. Of course, being "down under" you don't have those stores but, something like that??

ccstampin12
08-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey!
I just found this same desk for $731.
It IS from the website I gave you.
And they DO have an Australian connection.
Maybe I should have checked the price through the Australian part of it, but it seems like over $1000 is too much~
BUT, this stuff is HIGH quality and I have never regretted the items I have purchased from them.
Good luck
Joanie

CharityHand
08-24-2008, 04:30 PM
It's great, but I do agree it is expensive. I really don't like spending more money on storage than I do for stamps. I know it has to be done, but I would just keep checking for a better deal.

pesc
08-24-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't know the dimensions on it... I'm not sure the working surface would be large enough for what I like... another think is that lightning may be an issue. I don't know what kind of light you do have in your room but with the part on top of the desk it may do some shadows on your desk and well... I did had a light under a shelf I had put on mine because I found it was not bright enough for crafting. Since everything is tied together (desk, storage shelving) it may be harder to use this place to craft if you got a friend over but maybe you allready have another place for that. Ok, that's my downs point. The up ones is that everything is very close to your armreach when you want to grab something and has a lot of storage of course.
Good luck taking your decision!

stamper272001
08-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for all your imput - I have loved reading it all!

This is the link to the website who supplies Australia for it:

http://scrapbooking.arnolds.net.au/catalog/

The details of all the products can be found inder the "New Storage Craft Furniture" on the left hand side at the top!

I have been looking and looking forever for a good craft desk and I KNOW $1300 is a riduclous amount to pay, but considering it is imported I expect nothing less in the price department! But.... if you saw what I was working on at the moment - you would all probably say - you go girl! lol

I am also looking at a beautiful rycled timber desk at present as well BUT I dont think it will fit in my craft area! I have ONE wall in our bedroom that is my craft space so I am very limited there!

The desk its self is alot bigger than what I have right now, plus I loved the fact that everything is at my fingertips with all the storage drawers!

I am still in the "just looking and researching" stage, so please if you have any more feedback you would like to leave - I welcome it with open arms!

Karen
xo

creative_chaos
08-24-2008, 06:30 PM
I agree with the other ladies, that seems like way too much money for a desk! Although it does seem to have nice organization qualities. I would definitely check around and try to find a cheaper option since I'd have nightmares if I spent that much money:)