PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! I don't know how to use Nestabilities

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I want to cut my image out using the scalloped circle Nestabilities and using my cuttlebug. I can only get an embossed image and it wouldn't cut my image out. Did I buy the wrong ones or am I doing something wrong? Help!

p.s. This is the first set I bought and never used them before.

Vintagegal
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Here's the sandwhich:

Plate A>Plate B>cardstock>die (with cutting edge face down)>Plate C

Artyfarty
09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
If you hav,nt got plate c improvise by using cardstock ...I use cereal boxes lol or the back of paper stacks to use as plates. If still no cuts then add more plates.
hope this helps
Sue xx

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
What's plate C? I don't have a plate C!

ctinyjoy
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
The plate C is the cutting plate. It is extremely hard acrylic. It should have come with the cuttlebug.

Vintagegal
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Plate C is sold separately, Joanne. Do you have a 40% off coupon for Michael's or Hobby Lobby (they sell the C plate there, too).

Vintagegal
09-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Cheri, I thought the A and B plates came with the 'bug, and the C plate was sold separately.

ETA: Joanne, maybe the Plate C did come with your 'bug. Do you have the box, still? I can't remember. It's been forever since I bought the 'bug.

ctinyjoy
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Plate C is sold separately, Joanne. Do you have a 40% off coupon for Michael's or Hobby Lobby (they sell the C plate there, too).

Gosh i didn't remember this. It has been awhile since I bought mine and didn't recall buying anything extra. Sorry for the misinformation Joanne.

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM

Yes I have a coupon. I guess I need to make a trip to Michaels again this week.

workin4stamps
09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
No! Your Cuttlebug should have come with a C plate. When I sold mine to Cheryl just a couple of weeks ago, I posted everything that came with it (and this was copied directly out of the manual):

*The machine
Spacer Block A
Two Cutting Pads B
Thin die adapter C
User Manual
Handle
Hex Key Tool
Screw
Plastic Cap

workin4stamps
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I could be remembering incorrectly, but isn't the C plate the one that is white?

ctinyjoy
09-04-2008, 03:32 PM
No! Your Cuttlebug should have come with a C plate. When I sold mine to Cheryl just a couple of weeks ago, I posted everything that came with it (and this was copied directly out of the manual):

*The machine
Spacer Block A
Two Cutting Pads B
Thin die adapter C
User Manual
Handle
Hex Key Tool
Screw
Plastic Cap

Maybe I am not losing my memory....;)

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Well I tried cutting it with 6 coasters and all I got was a really nice embossed image. I also tried the backs of paper stacks and it didn't work. Wah! I guess I'll have to get Plate C. I sure hope my Michaels has it. They are always out of everything.

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
OK I checked my manual and yes the Plate C is listed as being inside the box. I guess now I have to go find what I did with it.

I found the Cuttlebug box up in the attic but there was no plate C so now I have to tear apart the craft room.

workin4stamps
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
okay...it's not the white one. It's clear. This is what it looks like:

http://www.acard4u.co.uk/cuttlebug-thin-die-adapter-plate-c-p-2076.html

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Now who the heck put that Plate C with my Sizzix dies? LOL

ngreek
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
the C plates have been selling pretty cheap on Ebay.
Nicole

tojoco
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Allelujia I got it to cut. Thanks a lot girls. I would have never known there was a plate C.

Vintagegal
09-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Well.....geez Louise.......I was all panicking for you. LOLOLOLOL!
Oh my Lord! Joanne can't cut her Nesties....HELP! HELP!

I honestly don't remember the Plate C coming with my 'bug. I was just too excited to get it home. Sorry if I panicked anyone.

iloveflipflops
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
My cuttlebug came with a C but I never use it ... why dont' i use it?

IMBlessed5
09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Using Nestabilities is the first time I've ever had to use my plate C.

Here's how I do mine (there are many variations) -

From bottom to top to cut:
plate A
Nestie die, smooth side down, cut side up
cardstock, face down
B plate
C plate
run through Cuttlebug

Then to emboss:
remove C plate off the top, set aside, you don't need it to emboss
remove B plate for a moment (sometimes the dies stick to it, it's normal)
leaving the dies and cardstock on the A plate as they are, cover the dies with the embossing mat (I use plumber's gasket and one piece of cardstock to shim)
place BOTH B plates on top
run through Cuttlebug

* I figured this method out so I don't have to remove any plates from between the dies and plate A. I just leave them on there the whole time. Less moving around, etc.

* You will need to experiment with how many pieces of cardstock you need, if ANY, to use as a "shim" when embossing. Some rubbers are thicker than others, depends what you use. And some Cuttlebugs are set slightly tighter than others. If it resists when you try to roll it through, then STOP. Don't force it.

workin4stamps
09-04-2008, 04:34 PM
My cuttlebug came with a C but I never use it ... why dont' i use it?

you must not use anything that you need it for!

Christie
09-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Mine came with the C plate when I bought my bug. you need one b and one c plate plus the white spacer. Doesn't really matter what order you use as long as it's between b and c

directmailscrapper
09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
I just learned something! I made my CB sandwich with A, C die, paper, B and it was always blind! I couldn't see what I way cutting! Now I've learned that if I do A, B, paper, die down, C -- I can see what I'm doing! Thanks guys!

tojoco
09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Now that I know how to cut with the CB I'm real excited to get other EXPENSIVE Nestabilities. I got my first set with a 40% off coupon at HL.

tesschap
09-04-2008, 07:21 PM
The things that you learn here at the Shack :) Thanks for posting this question and for all of the great responses. I have several new nesties that I bought in West Springfield and haven't used them yet as I couldn't remember how to use them with my CB. I'm going to play tonight for sure :)

Thanks again!

cindi
09-04-2008, 08:19 PM
The things that you learn here at the Shack :) Thanks for posting this question and for all of the great responses. I have several new nesties that I bought in West Springfield and haven't used them yet as I couldn't remember how to use them with my CB. I'm going to play tonight for sure :)

Thanks again!

what???:elvis: you have not used them yet??
oh my, girlfriend..I will have to come down there and help you!
lol
:spinny:

IMBlessed5
09-04-2008, 08:26 PM
I just learned something! I made my CB sandwich with A, C die, paper, B and it was always blind! I couldn't see what I way cutting! Now I've learned that if I do A, B, paper, die down, C -- I can see what I'm doing! Thanks guys!

Yep, there are so many different ways to set up your "sandwich"! I don't care about being able to see mine because generally I'm cutting solid cardstock. As long as the cutting edges are covered, it's all good. Now, if I was going to stamp an image FIRST and then cut, I would do it face up. Just do what works best for you! :D

tesschap
09-04-2008, 08:34 PM
what???:elvis: you have not used them yet??
oh my, girlfriend..I will have to come down there and help you!
lol
:spinny:

Ok - I'll hold off dusting them off & using them until you get here :)

Actually - I finally had some time to clean off my stamping table and discovered my Cuttlebug under the pile:arghh: I need to continue to clean up my stamping room but that Cuttlebug and those new nesties are calling out to me!

cindi
09-04-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok - I'll hold off dusting them off & using them until you get here :)

Actually - I finally had some time to clean off my stamping table and discovered my Cuttlebug under the pile:arghh: I need to continue to clean up my stamping room but that Cuttlebug and those new nesties are calling out to me!

quit cleaning and start uh, well, er,, cuttle bugging and nesting!
lol
:)

tesschap
09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm too tired to do either tonight. I left home at 430 am today for a work meeting and am whipped! I think I'll head to bed with my book and maybe do a little cuttle bugging and nesting before work in the AM :)

maxiesmom
09-04-2008, 09:10 PM

Well, you're not the only one, I've done it that way all along. Generally don't have too many problems and I made TONS of circles & scallops for Christmas cards last year!

No, wait a minute, I do A, C, die facing up, paper and then cut into the B. Well I still don't have any problems!