PDA

View Full Version : Stamp-a-stack vs card class

flyingflower
09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
So, I made these samples (http://stamp-shack.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=18125&ppuser=37) for a Christmas card stamp-a-stack gathering for 5 folks, only one of whom I know has stamping experience.

For a stamp-a-stack gathering, there are 5 different cards and they make 4 of each of them.

I got to thinking, based on some comments that were posted in the gallery, that these cards, while absolutely fabulous to make, might be a tad bit much for newbies.

The "celebrate" will be fine - so will the "joy". Do you think all that coloring on the "penguin" card will be a concern? I suppose if they don't finish it at the gathering they can take it home and color it there. The "holly package" card is a lot of stamping, but its all the same color and just random. The only thing a bit time consuming is getting the circle of stickles even since its almost 1/4" wide and done by hand. I will make sure that the 5th card is fairly simple - maybe versamark backgound and an ATC feature piece laid on top.

Opinions?

logcabincreations
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
maybe just do 3 of each for 15 total?

toao
09-05-2008, 02:08 PM
I think they all look really easy to make and even un-experienced stampers won't have a problem with them. The only thing I have seen is that people tend to use WAY more stickles than necessary sometimes, so if you plan to keep that as part of the card, make sure you have plenty. One thing you might want to do instead is punch a green circle for matting and if you still want to use stickles, get them to put a dab in the center and smear it around with their finger or a foam brush. A thin layer will dry pretty quickly.

flyingflower
09-05-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Mary :)

directmailscrapper
09-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Stickles do take a long time to dry. If you do use Stickles on their cards, make sure they make those cards first! The cards are cute, Margo - I know they will love them!

shadoob
09-05-2008, 11:00 PM
As a newbie, I think they look like fun and not too hard. The stickles don't have to be all over the card...and the penguin can be colored or even just partially colored.
If you could teach me to make such a lovely bow, I'd gladly pay more for the mailing costs. Let them decide.
It looks like fun.