PDA

View Full Version : Shackies in Texas and SW Florida

Vintagegal
09-10-2008, 06:40 PM
Keeping you in my prayers. Are your towns planning for evacuations? I know Christie's city will be in Hurricane Ike's path. Please try to keep us updated as much as possible.

Christie
09-10-2008, 07:56 PM
So far only school closings and voluntary evacuations have been posted here. We plan on riding it out. We will be on the dirty side of things so hopefully it won't get to bad.

tesschap
09-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers that you will all be safe.

cindi
09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
stay safe Christie and any others in Ikes path. are mary Jayne and Myrna in harms way?
:wideeyed:

logcabincreations
09-11-2008, 12:18 AM
praying.....and more praying

iloveflipflops
09-11-2008, 05:12 AM
I just heard it looks like it will be a cat 4 when it hits. As of yesterday it was going to be a cat 2. You better be careful Christie. I need to get a map out and see where exactly you are ... I am so bad with geography!!

loobylou
09-11-2008, 06:04 AM
here's a map I found
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/projectedpath_large.html?from=news_mapshttp://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/projectedpath_large.html?from=news_maps

According to this map Christie is in the Saturday morning pathway. Just in the section where it turns from red to yellow.
"Dear God i hope you will keep Christie and her family safe from harm. Please help the hurricane to blow away from the land and keep the people safe"

Spartymom
09-11-2008, 06:35 AM
I hope everyone is ok too. My brother is in Houston. I need to call him.

suzi_f
09-11-2008, 06:52 AM
. We will be on the dirty side of things so hopefully it won't get to bad.

What does that mean??? I think my house MUST be on the dirty side of SOMETHING??

STAY SAFE!!!!

The dirty side of a hurricane is on the east side. Since the storm rotates counterclockwise the east side is called the dirty side.

Christie
09-11-2008, 07:11 AM
stay safe Christie and any others in Ikes path. are mary Jayne and Myrna in harms way?
:wideeyed:

No, they are way down in south Texas.

Christie
09-11-2008, 07:12 AM
I just heard it looks like it will be a cat 4 when it hits. As of yesterday it was going to be a cat 2. You better be careful Christie. I need to get a map out and see where exactly you are ... I am so bad with geography!!

I am just outside of Houston.

Darleneh710
09-11-2008, 10:24 AM
My mom's sister and her family live in Corpus Christi and have had to evacuate. Please send positive thoughts.

Christie
09-11-2008, 11:50 AM
My mom's sister and her family live in Corpus Christi and have had to evacuate. Please send positive thoughts.

I think they are out of the woods now. I hope they stay safe.

MyRnAbS
09-11-2008, 05:32 PM
thanks for thinking of us! I think we'll be fine only a bit of water an winds. We are taking in evacuees but everythings still normal. Thank you so very much for all the thoughts and prayers!!