PDA

View Full Version : Ike heading close to home

Christie
09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Well it looks like Mr. Ike has moved even closer to us. Here is an awesome site to take a closer look at things: http://www.stormpulse.com/ I am just outside of Houston, so as you can see he is going to hit very, very close to home. They told us this am that we can expect 100 mph winds if it hits where it is suppose to. We will be boarding up the rest of our windows today and I'm headed to the store to get some more bread and canned stuff. I have some, but now I think my mom might come here for the storm. We are planning on staying, I think we will be fine. If I go MIA for a while it will be because we are without power. I will try to call someone if that happens.

suzi_f
09-11-2008, 08:03 AM
I was gonna ask if you had a Shackie phone number. Check in!!! keep us updated to your condition. I rarely pray anymore but I'll pray for you & all of Houston. Hmm, I think I have an ex-sil in Houston!

Vintagegal
09-11-2008, 08:11 AM
Holy Moses! Christie, please, please, please do everything you can to stay safe and keep in touch with us, somehow. I am really worried for you. I'll say a prayer as soon as I get done with this post.

tojoco
09-11-2008, 08:24 AM
Christie, please stay safe. Looks like a direct hit. I've been through the eye of a hurricane so I know how scary it is. Let us know ASAP that you are OK. Looks like Memphis will be getting some of the after affects of Ike. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

tesschap
09-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Please please please stay safe and try to check in with one of us when you can. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs,

ChristyR
09-11-2008, 08:48 AM
good luck Christie i will keep you in my prayers, stay safe and good luck with power outages :)

toao
09-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Stay safe Christie. If they are telling you to evacuate, DO IT now don't wait.

iloveflipflops
09-11-2008, 09:00 AM
Are you sure you want to stay there? PLEASE leave if you must. Be super careful and call me if you want to and let me know so I can let everyone know you are ok.

logcabincreations
09-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Sis, don't take any unnecessary chances. This storm is a category 4 and the news said it could gain strength.

Of course I am praying often for you, Nathan and your mom and all those in the storm's path.

directmailscrapper
09-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Please call one of us if you lose power so we can update everyone that you are ok! Stay safe and be smart!

teabear
09-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Keeping you in my prayers Christie. How will poor jiggs get out to do his business in those winds? Put that guy on a leash so he doesn't blow away. Be safe my friend.

mydogstinks2
09-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Please be safe!!

Christie
09-11-2008, 10:45 AM
How will poor jiggs get out to do his business in those winds? Put that guy on a leash so he doesn't blow away. Be safe my friend.

LOL!! I never thought of that. He won't go out when it's raining so he should be good.

My3Ds
09-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Are you sure you don't want to evacuate? It looks like Ike is pretty fierce. Please stay safe and keep in touch if you can.

Christie
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Are you sure you don't want to evacuate? It looks like Ike is pretty fierce. Please stay safe and keep in touch if you can.

They have asked us to not evacuate right now. They want to make sure that all the folks on the coast get out first.

graciez
09-11-2008, 01:33 PM
We went through Wilma about 4 years ago in October. It was suppose to be a 1 but was actually was a 3 when it hit us.

The only damage we had was damage to windows from flying tiles from the roof. Our complex lost 1200 trees and there was a lot of damage to cars in the parking lots.

It is very scary though. Take care and do whatever they say. We filled bottles with water early on and put it in the freezer and that kept the freezer cold longer..we were without electricity for 5 days. We learned a lot!

Keep safe Christie...

suzi_f
09-11-2008, 03:40 PM
Ok, now I have a picture in my mind of Christie w/Jiggs on a leash, flying him like a kite. You can always come to StL & stay with me!!

I don't see any news on the Cubs website but they are supposed to be heading to Houston for a weekend series. To me, this seems like the STUPIDIEST thing!! Let get 50000 people stuck in one place just as the huricane hits!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! Cancel or reschedule the freaking game!!!!

Christie
09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Ok, now I have a picture in my mind of Christie w/Jiggs on a leash, flying him like a kite. You can always come to StL & stay with me!!

I don't see any news on the Cubs website but they are supposed to be heading to Houston for a weekend series. To me, this seems like the STUPIDIEST thing!! Let get 50000 people stuck in one place just as the huricane hits!!! Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! Cancel or reschedule the freaking game!!!!

I'm about 95% sure that the game has been cancelled. Everything around here is shutting down. I"m almost sure I heard that the game was cancelled. Even if it wasn't I'm sure not many people would show up for it. Everyone is busy boarding up their houses and the traffic to get there is horrible right now because of eveyone evacuating.

Erin K
09-11-2008, 05:52 PM
Stay safe. I'll keep you in my prayers.

lakeslady
09-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Stay safe, God bless , thinking of you.

suzi_f
09-11-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm about 95% sure that the game has been cancelled. Everything around here is shutting down. I"m almost sure I heard that the game was cancelled. Even if it wasn't I'm sure not many people would show up for it. Everyone is busy boarding up their houses and the traffic to get there is horrible right now because of eveyone evacuating.

Good!! I just can't believe they were actually thinking of bring more people INTO Houston!! Stay safe!!!!

suzi_f
09-11-2008, 06:33 PM

You are 100% right. Here (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080911&content_id=3457639&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc) is the Cubs website report.

maxiesmom
09-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Christie, I will keep you and your family and little Jiggs in my prayers till I know you are all safe again. I can't even imagine having to deal with this. All we may get from it is rain some time next week. You and all our FL & coastal girls, don't know how you do this every year.
Be safe, hugs

cindi
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
be careful Christie, and stay safe..you know I will worry about you! I expect to hear from you by Monday. my prayers are with you
:wubclub:

Tantalize
09-12-2008, 11:29 AM
*HUGS* Stay safe Christie. Will be thinking of you and hoping for the best.

ellie
09-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Christie...I am praying for you...I sure hope that all will be ok and that you will be safe and sound.

logcabincreations
09-12-2008, 12:51 PM
yes please call Cindi so she can update us....try to call earlier than Monday

Artyfarty
09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Stay safe Christie...praying all will be ok and your back safe soon xxxx