PDA

View Full Version : Comments in the Gallery

directmailscrapper
09-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Do you ever feel like you've run out of adjectives? I've thought about getting Emily's Thesaurus out so I can be more original than "cute" or "terrific"! But I do love your creations and I want to share the love!:rolleyes:

cindi
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
well I always just type my first thoughts..I'm sure if I put more thought into it I could think of more adjectives...but I just go with my first reaction!
hope you all know I love your work
:)

Inkisallover
09-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I know what you mean, Nancy. When there are some already posted, sometimes I want to say "What they said" lol!

directmailscrapper
09-14-2008, 09:56 PM
I try not to read what others have written until I write mine -- then I go back and see that we all said the same thing!

Kreative Dryve
09-14-2008, 10:30 PM
I try not to read what others have written until I write mine -- then I go back and see that we all said the same thing!

Great minds think alike, right?

I am always saying something similar to all the other comments.
But then I think about it, and I am just happy when someone posts about my cards and I am happy with whatever they say.
I also try to pick something out in the card I really like and comment about that.

mydogstinks2
09-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I totally understand! LOL sometimes I feel like I just post the same thing to everyone!

tojoco
09-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Sometimes I just use the word, "ditto." LOL

loobylou
09-15-2008, 05:01 AM
I try to say my first thought about what i like. I agree with marie, i am happy to get any comment at all

Suzanne
09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Yep all the time. I sometimes wonder what people think as I seem to use the same few comments all the time.

limeyscrapper
09-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't often find much time to comment in the gallery - but I do try to put something thoughtful, something to show that I did actually look at the card.

I do have an interesting story about leaving comments in a gallery.

I was once active on a site where a member was just trying to get her number of posts up.
On every card in the gallery she would just put " Cute Card!"

I don't think anyone really put it together and realised what she was doing until my daughter posted a very sad card that she had been asked to make for a baby's memorial service.
The family were using the card in the program, and my daughter was aked if she could make fifty. She cried the whole time she was making them because it was so sad. After several members asked her, about it she posted the card ( with the family's permission of course) in the gallery for the other members to see.
Many people posted a sincere comment about the beautiful card, A few admitted that they shed tears over it, many offering up prayers for the family, until "post-happy member" came along and put " Cute card!".
Such an inappropriate comment in the circumstances - I bet her face was red when she saw how the other ladies reacted.

Vintagegal
09-15-2008, 11:23 AM
............I do try to put something thoughtful, something to show that I did actually look at the card.

Yes......I try to do this also.

............I do have an interesting story about leaving comments in a gallery.

I was once active on a site where a member was just trying to get her number of posts up.
On every card in the gallery she would just put " Cute Card!"

I don't think anyone really put it together and realised what she was doing until my daughter posted a very sad card that she had been asked to make for a baby's memorial service.
The family were using the card in the program, and my daughter was aked if she could make fifty. She cried the whole time she was making them because it was so sad. After several members asked her, about it she posted the card ( with the family's permission of course) in the gallery for the other members to see.
Many people posted a sincere comment about the beautiful card, A few admitted that they shed tears over it, many offering up prayers for the family, until "post-happy member" came along and put " Cute card!".
Such an inappropriate comment in the circumstances - I bet her face was red when she saw how the other ladies reacted.

Yikes! Did she change 'her ways' after the way the ladies reacted to her "cute card" comment? Or, did she just disappear off that message board?

limeyscrapper
09-15-2008, 11:48 AM
Yikes! Did she change 'her ways' after the way the ladies reacted to her "cute card" comment? Or, did she just disappear off that message board?

She went missing for a few days - and the administrator on the board made some kind of change so that two word entries no longer counted as a legal post.

midnitecreations
09-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Good to see someone was finally paying attention Chris.

But yes, Nancy, I run out of adjectives too. However, as every one else is saying, just gettign a comment on the card is so fantastic, that pretty much everything works! Though having read Chris's story, I think I may not be doing too many "cute cards" anymore!