PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about ww points

Jadyeebugsaunt
12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
now before i get started I know I don't have to lose weight. My question though is , I have a hard time eating healthy and I now I take in more bad foods then I should. Does anyone know if I could do this point stystem to eat healther but not lose weight? any feed back would be helpful.

iloveflipflops
12-20-2006, 12:06 PM
I know people use to maintain their weight but not sure how you would do that Mindy. Sorry I am of no help. Plus, my WW diet has failed big time these past 2 weeks.... I have absolutely no willpower when it comes to baking all these cookies for school, etc. so I have to wait till Jan 1st to start all over....

lisaguyon
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
With the new formula you can use it to maintain your current weight. lisa

workin4stamps
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Mindy....are you trying to just eat healthier THINGS??? Please be more specific..... like "i'm eating too much sugar and I want to eat less", etc....or whatever the case may be...

and I'll try to help you!

Traci

Jadyeebugsaunt
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Mindy....are you trying to just eat healthier THINGS??? Please be more specific..... like "i'm eating too much sugar and I want to eat less", etc....or whatever the case may be...

and I'll try to help you!

Traci

I know i eat to many sugars and salts and starches and I think I need a balance . I thought if I counted points it may help w this. I tend to eatt whatever and whenever I want. thanks,

workin4stamps
12-20-2006, 07:41 PM
well counting the points MIGHT help you as long as you follow the weight watchers healthy guidelines along with it. They do ask that you eat at least 5 servings of fruits/vetetables a day, plus get 2 dairy products in (like an 8 oz glass of milk can be one, or an 8 oz yogurt can be one)--- plus you're suppose to get a small amount of healthy oils everyday (I try to add 2 t of olive oil to something I'm eating to get my oils in....usually if I mix it in with something I don't even know it's there.....), and then you're supposed to have at least 6 glasses of water per day, AND last but not least....you are supposed to take a multivitamin!!!

So---if you're counting your fruits and veggies for the points they are worth (some are zero pts, some are not), and by the time you add in your dairy points, and healthy oil points, etc..... there's sometimes not a lot of wiggle room for the other stuff..... if that make sense.

Something else that might help you is to watch the foods you're buying for sugar content. I saw on a tv show once that your foods should not contain more than 10g of sugar per serving. Dr Oz says 4g per serving!! I try to stay somewhere in that "range". Sugar is big for a lot of people, so making that one change could help you a lot!!

I'm in the middle of reading my Dr Oz books right now....if I come across anything else that I think will help you, I'll let you know!

Traci