PDA

View Full Version : Update on me Micemom

micemom
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Let me start by saying Thank You to everyone that has sent cards to me. They have kept me going. My second and third chemo pretty much made me so sick I was not able to do anything. I have acid reflux anyway and the chemo made it impossible to eat or drink much without being sick to my stomach. My sister and niece came for the treatments to stay with me and they were so much help. I kinda miss someone cleaning and doing laundry. lol.

I got some very bad news a week ago Friday that I lost my job as ceo of a credit union after 17 years. I was devastated but now I think there is a better plan waiting for me. I get paid for a year with benefits so I have plenty of time to create. Yeah!

On Wednesday all of your prayers worked for me! The cat scan did not show any traceable amount of the tumor in my lung. I am so happy an thankful. I don't have any more chemo, I didn't think I could do another round as sick as I was. I do have to have radiation for a month just to be sure all of the cancer has left my body. I start on Tuesday.

Again I want to Thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, God answered them and I know he has a plan for me.

Hugs and Love, Jean

ccstampin12
09-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Jean,
This is great news, indeed!
I think the health issue having good news is probably way more important than the job....And you get paid for another year!!!
When you're well enough, you could look for another, maybe.
Anyway, please keep us updated on YOU, and try to spend some time here at the SHACK!!!
Missing you, you, know!
HUGS
Joanie

shurlyjean
09-28-2008, 06:15 PM
PTL.... thinks happen for a reason... I am so sorry about your job, but glad about your health issues having good news.

Take care of yourself.

S

iloveflipflops
09-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Its great to hear from you Jean!! That's great news about the cat scan but bad news about your job.

I've been thinking alot about you :)

GrammaStamper
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Jean, so happy to hear the good health news. The job stuff ain't so great, but a year's wages is okay. Take it easy and just get well.

cindi
09-28-2008, 06:59 PM
hi Jean, it's great to get an update from you! sorry about yoir job, bit I too think it's aprt of Gods plan for you! and yippy skippy about the catscan!! I'm so happy to hear it!! I hope you feel up to creating and sharing with us
hugs

Christie
09-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Sorry to hear about your job but super excited to hear of your test results!!! God is good!!!! I hope you have a great recovery with lots of creativity!!!!!

Firecracker
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
That is wonderful news that the tumor is gone from your lung!! I'm sorry about your job but this way you will have plenty of time to recover. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Heather

tojoco
09-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Great news -- medically. Now take some time to rest and totally recoup because you surely deserve it. Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Nancy
09-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Thankfully you are on a rode to recovery. The job is a downer but I am sure you can find something better, after a years pay, you should be able to get Workments Comp and then have them train you in another field, so you can go on working if you so wish. Hugs - Nancy

Paula Carden
09-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Jean
That is terrific news about your scan!!! Yipeee!
I am very sorry about your job, that is difficult after 17 yrs, but hopefully there will be something better out there once you have had time to heal. You will have a whole year to build up your strength without the worry of getting back to work.
Keep in touch- glad you are up and around even if you are having to do laundry(lol).

loobylou
09-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Jean, I'm so thrilled that your scans came up with good news. Now you can relax and enjoy the extra rest that you've been given . You deserve it. Pop in and play with us sometimes....
(((Hugs)))

maxiesmom
09-28-2008, 08:18 PM
So glad to hear from you, good news and bad news. At least with not having to work you can concentrate on yourself and get healthy again. Keeping good thoughts for you and your health.

teabear
09-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Thanks so much for stopping by to update us, Jean. I am so sorry to hear about all you have been through. Praying that you have some sunny skies in your future.

logcabincreations
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Praise God for answered prayers. I'm still praying, and it is God's blessing you have a year with no job but still getting paid. Your health is more important than working right now.

shuggy
09-29-2008, 12:14 AM
good to hear from you jean. sorry about your job, but glad you are doing better.

cecescraps
09-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Jean, I'm so elated to hear your good news about your health and I'm sure you are beyond elated!! I'm sorry about the job situation but, as has been said, one year to play and look for another one isn't so bad. We'll enjoy having you around more!!

Vintagegal
09-29-2008, 06:29 AM
Jean, I am so sorry about your loss of your job. Your priorities are right where they need to be. Treatment and making cards. LOL! Do take care. We are all pulling for you.

flyingflower
09-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Talk about a "better plan" - wow, a whole year of pay & benefits giving you time to create & heal.

mydogstinks2
09-29-2008, 11:30 AM
that is great news about the scan, bummer about the job!! Thanks so much for the update!

jazzypurple853
09-29-2008, 11:45 AM
prayers for you!