PDA

View Full Version : Ready for autumn Pumpkin Cookies with Pinuche Frosting

craft a latte
10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
My 6 year old ds and I made a batch of these this week. They really set the mood for autumn. I found this recipe in the Pillsbury recipe book and found in online at cooks.com

PUMPKIN COOKIES WITH PENUCHE FROSTING

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 c. Pillsbury's Best all purpose or unbleached flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. chopped nuts

PENUCHE FROSTING:

3 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 c. milk
1 1/2 - 2 c. powdered sugar

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, vanilla and egg; blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2" apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Immediately remove from cookie sheets; cool.
In medium saucepan, combine 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar; bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Cool 10 minutes. Add milk; beat until smooth. Beat in enough powdered sugar until desired spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Allow frosting to set before storing. 5 dozen cookies.

logcabincreations
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
they sound yummy....so do they taste sort of like pumpkin pie?

craft a latte
10-01-2008, 11:02 AM
No, it's more like pumpkin bread or muffin. The frosting is delish. It's a pretty tan color. I'm going to make another batch to give as gifts.

Sabrina

cecescraps
10-01-2008, 11:54 AM
UHHHHHHHHHH! These sound yummy!! My DD LOVES pumpkin bread and muffins so, we'll have to make these soon. I'm printing the recipe now since I have to go to the grocery store later. TFS the recipe Sabrina!! :)

hutchink
10-01-2008, 05:33 PM
They sound so yummy! I love anything pumpkin!