PDA

View Full Version : Glitter Pen opinions?

Mom0fgirls
10-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I have one of the glitter pens from Copic (Spica?) and it has never worked great for me. I found out that you can't store it upright (after I stored it upright for a month) - so I may have just ruined it.

I also have the Stardust Gelly pen which works well, and I love but can sometimes hide the color underneath a little.

I was just wondering what other people think? What is your favorite glitter pen?

Oh... I've also been playing with the puffy velvet pen to make snow - its really fun!

Mrs. Fence
10-09-2008, 07:04 AM
I don't really have any glitter pens, they sound fun! Maybe try shaking your Copic pen. I had a pen once that had no color in the tip, and hubby said try shaking it, what have you got to lose? I did, and it worked fine after that. Hope it works for you.

GrammaStamper
10-09-2008, 07:23 AM
I have the Copic Spica pens and I love them. They always do an amazing job of getting the glitter just where I want it.

patcreates
10-09-2008, 07:48 AM
I have the Stardust glitter pens. I have the clear one and I have silver, blue, green and red. I love them!

mydogstinks2
10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
I have the stardust pens too and love them!

allinkdup
10-09-2008, 08:25 AM
I do not like the Spica pens. TO tell you the truth, I just use the clear glitter pen or my favorite, the quickie glue pen and translucent glitter on top. It just takes an extra step and few seconds but worth it.

Christie
10-09-2008, 09:52 AM
I have a Gelly Roll glitter pen by sakura. I really like it. It's easy to use and I store it upside down.

MsQuesMom
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I love my Spica glitter pens from Copic. I do notice that because this is really fine glass glitter, you may need to line over twice! The clear makes the most wonderful highlights on silk and paper flowers!

If you use around letters and words, it leaves a soft shimmer highlight.

I love to use the clean on CuttleBug embossing folders to highlight backgrounds.

I also have the Stardust by Sakura and they are a totally different type of glitter pens. More dense than the Spica. They tend to cover over or in the image you are using them on.

Each has it's own unique value to me.