PDA

View Full Version : Missing Shackies!!!

ccstampin12
10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I wonder where some of our members have gone.
What ever happened to Marieke (spelling?)???
Her cards just added such bright spots to the Gallery.
I was looking back in the Gallery the other day, and there were her beautiful cards.
I miss these girls who are no longer members.
Are any of you in touch with any of the girls???
sigh.
Joanie:sad:

Erin K
10-15-2008, 08:23 AM
I'm in touch with Jennifer W. I think a lot of girls are.

I think Marieke has a blog. I don't have it anymore, but I'm sure she does.

mahodgman
10-15-2008, 08:31 AM
What about MustangSarah? I miss her beautiful cards too!

logcabincreations
10-15-2008, 08:33 AM
I was thinking about someone the other day we haven't seen in awhile. I wonder if there is a list of "banned" people.....or do the moderators only have that list?

loobylou
10-15-2008, 08:39 AM
None of the people you mentioned are BANNED!!!

logcabincreations
10-15-2008, 08:43 AM
None of the people you mentioned are BANNED!!!

Sorry Sarah...I didn't mean my post the way it sounded that I thought those mentioned were banned.

Sometimes my mind is thinking two or three things at once; I was looking at the home page yesterday, and saw someone I didn't recognize. I clicked on the name and it said that person was banned.

Vintagegal
10-15-2008, 12:38 PM
I clicked on the name and it said that person was banned.

I think Jan was just voicing her mind out 'loud. It's plausible that folks would be banned from here, and we would not be told about it on the MB. We would only find out, privately. Unless, you stumble upon the name, like Jan did, and then find out about it through that way.

loobylou
10-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Good spotting Jan. Yes, we have had a few "spammers" with very strange names who try to post links to sell us all sorts of things. Sherry has a great system of filtering new posts so that they have to be approved by moderators before they are seen by the membership. We have a hardworking moderating team who have been catching these posters and banning them.

Jan, I know you didn't really think these people were missing because they were banned, but I certainly did not want any uncertainty about that issue.

you can check to see when a person last visited the Stamp-Shack by looking in the Members list (if they are a ShackPLUS member). If they were once members but are now a junior member you can see their profile by clicking on a link from one of their cards in the gallery, or on a post they made on the messageboard.
Use the Search function on the top toolbar...go advanced....type the username in the right hand box and then you will be shown any messageboard posts they made. Then you can click on the post and link to "see public profile".

logcabincreations
10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Good spotting Jan. Yes, we have had a few "spammers" with very strange names who try to post links to sell us all sorts of things. Sherry has a great system of filtering new posts so that they have to be approved by moderators before they are seen by the membership. We have a hardworking moderating team who have been catching these posters and banning them.

Jan, I know you didn't really think these people were missing because they were banned, but I certainly did not want any uncertainty about that issue.

Thank you Sarah. I know you and the other moderators must have a tough job sometimes. I was looking at the home page yesterday and there was a strange looking "name" about 20 letters long that didn't make sense and when I clicked on it, it said banned. I've never seen that before. Spammers never crossed my mind, but I don't know a whole lot about maintaining a website. I can only imagine all the work it involves.

And thank you for keeping me straight :wubclub: