PDA

View Full Version : whats for supper tonight??

cindi
10-23-2008, 12:00 PM
thats the question. I have no clue, but I need to figure it out soon. so, what are all of you having?
:)

iloveflipflops
10-23-2008, 12:01 PM
We have a make up soccer game at 8 so we will have to leave by 7. Charlie is going to grill out hamburgers and I have rye bread so we will have patty melts. Haven't had them in ages!! He will love it -- it will be nice and cold for him to grill out. lol

suzi_f
10-23-2008, 12:13 PM
DH should be getting in around dinner time (from OH). DD has library something tonite & ds has bb practice. I'm thinking DINNER OUT!!! LOL Either that or it's good Chilli weather. Or homemade pizza. Nah, looks like Taco Bell.

logcabincreations
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
don't know yet...something with chicken....I have a big bag of frozen chicken tenders

Christie
10-23-2008, 12:15 PM
left over spaghetti from last night!

cindi
10-23-2008, 01:02 PM
well, I'm off to the grocery store in a few minutes..and I have no plan.
hmm..maybe tacos if I don't get inspired

shuggy
10-23-2008, 01:03 PM
that is a good question!! i'll have to go raid the freezer!!

Artyfarty
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Gammon with pineapple rings, home fries, mushrooms, sweetcorn n peas. yummmmmmm

allinkdup
10-23-2008, 01:53 PM
I made shredded chicken in the crockpot for sandwiches & mac & cheese. The kids love it.

Nancy
10-23-2008, 02:24 PM
We could have left over pulled pork sandwiches. But I have a taste for chicken soup with lots of chicken in it. So I am making that. Plus we have a luncheon date with some friends. So supper will be small. - Nancy

cindi
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Gammon with pineapple rings, home fries, mushrooms, sweetcorn n peas. yummmmmmm

ok, I'll bite,,whats gammon? is it ham?

IMBlessed5
10-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I just supper in the crock pot! Like about 3 minutes ago! (who was it what was getting to know her crockpot and wanted ideas?)

It's just me and the kids for supper tonight and this is SOOOO easy -

2 packages of skinless smoked sausage (keilbasa, whatever. the one pound packs that have 2 long pieces of smoked sausage)
1 (18 ounce) jar of Peach preserves

Just slice the sausage, put it in a small crockpot, spoon the preserves over it, and cook until heated through. Low or high depends on how long you're leaving it. Mine's on high since supper is in a few hours. The preserves makes a yummy sauce for the sausage!

Mrs. Fence
10-23-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm "making" for supper tonight: Stoffer's Lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. I left the house this morning at 9:30 am and just got home about 20 minutes ago! Not in the mood for cooking. :) But absolutely in the mood for eating!

Spartymom
10-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Tonight is easy: Spagetti with garlic bread! The past two nights have been crockpot: French dip and Chicken stew.

teabear
10-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Frozen pizza here :)

stampinmom3
10-23-2008, 06:28 PM
Quick easy night..chicken salad sandwiches.

Nancy
10-23-2008, 06:39 PM
What with the sausage and the sauce. On buns, noodles, etc.??- Nancy

IMBlessed5
10-23-2008, 08:14 PM
What with the sausage and the sauce. On buns, noodles, etc.??- Nancy

No, we just eat that alone. It's more like something you would serve as an appetizer but I serve it to the kids as their "meat" dish. Tonight they had breaded mozzarella cheese sticks, cottage cheese, and pineapple with it.

directmailscrapper
10-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I made chili from scratch -- Weight Watcher's style! (no recipe, just dumped stuff in) Loads of chopped green peppers and onions (I buy them already chopped and frozed at the grocery store for $1 a bag -- can't beat it!), chopped celery and carrots, ground lean turkey, several cans of diced tomatoes, added a can of corn niblets because it needed to be sweetened up a bit, a can of kidney beans and seasonings. I haven't figure out the points yet (I will!) but I figured many of the things in it were zero calories so it can't be too bad! The family really liked it -- and it was VERY colorful!

cindi
10-23-2008, 08:49 PM
I made chili from scratch -- Weight Watcher's style! (no recipe, just dumped stuff in) Loads of chopped green peppers and onions (I buy them already chopped and frozed at the grocery store for $1 a bag -- can't beat it!), chopped celery and carrots, ground lean turkey, several cans of diced tomatoes, added a can of corn niblets because it needed to be sweetened up a bit, a can of kidney beans and seasonings. I haven't figure out the points yet (I will!) but I figured many of the things in it were zero calories so it can't be too bad! The family really liked it -- and it was VERY colorful!

Nancy I made chilli very similar last winter and it was only about 4 points for a big bowl full, wwhen you calculate all the fiber in the point system. so enjoy,,guilt free

Paula Carden
10-23-2008, 09:36 PM
We had baked chicken breast with stuffing and butter beans. My new goal this last month is to cook more and eat out less. But you know it is hard when there is only 2. But we live in a small town and I get tired of the same old places. Many days I go out for lunch and then if you add supper to it-well it just gets too much.
Nancy the chili sounds good -I am doing chili beans tomorrow evening.