View Full Version : All my friends are on a bus trip today.....

ccstampin12
10-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Today I was supposed to join my friends from our LSS for a bus trip. The trip goes to 3 different craft stores which are quite a drive from the Cape. There are make and takes at each and goodies to eat.
Everyone left around 8:00 this morning. :cry2: I'm home keeping an eye on my precious kitty, Mack.
I lost my money for the trip, and the good times, but it was going to be just too long to be away from him. He just got home yesterday from his surgery.
I am disappointed to be missing this day that we've all been looking forward to for months, but I'm also happy that I have my kitty home with me, and he's on the mend.
He seems to feel pretty good, not back to normal for a couple of weeks, but he's home, and that's the important thing.
Just thought I'd share what's happening with me today.
DH has been in NYState for a couple of weeks and couldn't come back. He wouldn't have known what to do anyway! Not that I'm doing that much aside from 2 doses of meds per day.
That's it, gals. Thanks for listening and sorry this is so long!
HUGS
Joanie:cute:

iloveflipflops
10-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Aw Joanie. I think you did the right thing. You would've been worried sick while you were gone. Was it the "ladybugs" that went?

workin4stamps
10-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Well Joanie....that's disappointing, but it's good that you get to stay home with kitty. Hopefully you can get some stamping time in today. That's what I'll be doing...hopefully most of the day!!!

:-)

Paula Carden
10-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Sorry you missed out on your stamping day trip but Mack is loving you home to take care of him. Poor guy-glad he is back home. You made a good decision I think.

Christie
10-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Sorry you had to miss your trip. I'm sure Mack is happy you are staying home with him today. Maybe you can go craft some to take your mind off of the trip.

suzi_f
10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
It's a shame you had to miss the trip but Mack needs you! You would have probably not had fun 'cause you would have been worried about him too! Have fun here with us!

teabear
10-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Well drat Joanie. I'm sure that it was disappointing. In the long run, though, you did the right thing. Poor old Mack needs you.

cindi
10-26-2008, 12:01 PM
what a good mama!! I'm sorry you missed out on the trip, but I know you would not have had fun because your worry and heart would have been home with Mack, so it's as well the rest of you stayed home too. maybe you & mack can spend some quality time in your craft room today!
:)

jazzypurple853
10-26-2008, 12:37 PM
One of the stores that you would have been visting, was one of the stores's that I always go to ( it's 15 minutes from me) . I'm sorry that you had to miss the trip. I hope you kitty is feeling better after what he's been thru.

ccstampin12
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
One of the stores that you would have been visting, was one of the stores's that I always go to ( it's 15 minutes from me) . I'm sorry that you had to miss the trip. I hope you kitty is feeling better after what he's been thru.

Shelley!
Which store do you visit?
I've never been to any of the stores that are on the trip except for Colorful Creations here on the Cape.
Joanie

mydogstinks2
10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm sorry you had to miss your trip. I would have done the same thing to stay home with one of my dogs.

jazzypurple853
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
There are two stores that I've been too that were on the bus tour. One is Scrapbook Cupboard, which is in East Bridgewater, in which I live about 15 minutes away. The website is: www.scrapbookcupboard.net

I tend to go to this store more, cause they have lot's of items. I'm taking a class in a few weeks, using alchol inks.

I've also been to the Stamp Act - which is in Marshfield. That website is: www.http://www.thestampactstore.com/. This is a very small store and I've only been there once. I found that it didn't have a lot of items.

Also in my area is another store called The Crop Shop. That website is: http://www.thecropshop.net/. This store is located in Rockland , MA . This store is also 15 minutes away from me, in a different direction. This store was also doing a bus tour, but was going to different stores.