PDA

View Full Version : how does one mount an unmounted stamp

jazzypurple853
12-22-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty new to unmounted stamps. I've always purchased mounted stamps. what do you need to mount the stamps? What kind of supplies do I need? any websites for suggestions to purchase the materials?
can you use an acrylic block? Fellow stamp shackers have given some great websites to purchase unmounted stamps, which are a lot cheaper than mounted stamps. So i'd like to dabble a bit, if its worth saving some money. I figure I could buy a lot, with the money that I'd save from purchasing mounted stamps. any help would be greatly appreciated.

tojoco
12-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Shelley, check out this website. It's where I order my ezmount foam and other items. I order from them often.

http://www.sundayint.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=57

Erin K
12-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't use the ez mount anymore here's what I do (cheap!)

I trim the rubber if there is a bunch of extra around the image.

I have acrylic blocks just like they show on the link Joanne put. I put a few strips of double sitck tape on one side of the block.

I just slap the rubber right onto the tape. If it's a detailed image I'll us a stamping mat under the paper so it stamps nice, you can use a firm type mouse pad or even a phone book or stack of cardstock if you'd like. I don't even bother for some stamps though that I know will come out ok without it.

That's it. The tape gets nasty and stopps sticking in about a week, (would differ depending on brand of tape I'm sure) and then I just wash it off with undo and start over.

Simple and super cheap.

:)

limeyscrapper
01-01-2007, 08:41 AM
That's exactly what I do too.
The first time I bought unmounteds I went with the E Z Mount, but I don't bother anymore. I like spending my money on rubber stamps - I'm too cheap to buy that E Z mount stuff. I find the stamps and acrylic blocks easy to work with, and easier to store too. The E Z Mount makes threm heavier and bulkier.

jkd
01-01-2007, 09:08 AM
I too used to use EZ Mount and have also switched over to double sided tape. Quick, easy, cheap!

logcabincreations
01-01-2007, 09:30 AM
Hey Shelley

I found this website: www.crafttvweekly.com. You have to sign up to be a member (free), and then click on "archive". Scroll down and find the tutorial on unmounted rubber by Tricia Morris. She shows you in a video clip how to do one method.

Jan

buggainok
01-05-2007, 09:58 PM
I have some rubber stamps that I unmounted from the somewhat cheapy foam they came attached to.

I understand about sticking them to the acrylic block for stamping, but how do you store the unmounted rubber stamps? Is special care needed to keep them from getting messed up?

Right now I have a whole set loosely in a ziplock bag. Would it be better to stack them in a box?

Erin K
01-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I store them in CD cases, you get the old school fat ones and then take out the part that actually holds the CD, it pops out then they fit in there. :) I have piles and piles of them. I lable the outside of the case and then I'm good to go. I know lots of people do envelopes too, which works ok, you can stamp the image on the outside of the envelope.

iupindiana
01-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Hey Shelley

I found this website: www.crafttvweekly.com. You have to sign up to be a member (free), and then click on "archive". Scroll down and find the tutorial on unmounted rubber by Tricia Morris. She shows you in a video clip how to do one method.

Jan

that was very helpful. tfs. JoAnn:

buggainok
01-06-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks, Erin, for the storage tip. I have some acrylic stamps that I already have stored that way.

Don't know why I didn't figure out that would work for rubber, too.:confused:

Also love your tip about using double stick tape. I was dreading having to order some of that mounting stuff.