11-25-2008, 07:23 AM
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.

Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.

Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!

Artyfarty
11-25-2008, 07:27 AM
Oh my Oh my, good job my craft room is upstairs away from the microwave or I sure would never get anything done ..well only 1 thing......EAT CAKE lol

jazzypurple853
11-25-2008, 07:27 AM
thanks for the recipe! It sounds really cool!

GotCats?
11-25-2008, 07:40 AM
Oooooo, momma......

Sherry
11-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Yikes!!! When I get a cake craving, I always manage to talk myself out of it because I have to physically drive to the grocery store to buy one. But now - now that I have knowledge of this little baby - oh my goodness!! I'm in trouble.

Robinkay
11-25-2008, 08:04 AM
Oh thanks ALOT Sarah!!! ;o) I have added this recipe to my Shack friend recipe file.
I will have to try this for sure. TFS.

Spartymom
11-25-2008, 08:34 AM
This is dangerous. I have all the ingredients right now! Maybe I"ll make it for the girls after school.

karla_m_angelstamper
11-25-2008, 09:52 AM
This would be a great gift idea -- like those cookie mixes in jars you see. Just put the dry ingredients in the mug and add the recipe. I have a couple of girls I pick up after school. I think I'll make this for them. Thanks for sharing.

Sherry
11-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Okay, its 11:15am here and I just finished making this cake, lol. I just couldn't resist - It's so easy and quick!

The cake doesn't look too good coming out of the microwave (a little spongy looking) but it actually tastes pretty darned good!! Definitely add the chocolate chips. They melt and create a nice chocolately gooeyness to the inside of the cake. I think a little pinch of salt might be good too.

Thanks for the recipe, Sarah! I'll definitely be making this for the kiddies later today as an after school treat.

mom_on_line
11-25-2008, 10:31 AM
Ohhh! I was thinking, gee that sounds good! But now with Sherry's reveiew, I think I'll have to try it!

Thanks!!

shadoob
11-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I will NOT make it..I will NOT make it.....If I make it, I am blaming you, Sarah!!!!

Fief14
11-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh My this sounds like trouble! Dare I ask if there's any Nutritional Info available if you make as the recipe states? I'm just curious how many calories and how much fat are in this little treat! Not that I would let it stop me if I really wanted to make it anyways. I'd have to buy the chips if I did!

cindi
11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
oh my word...sounds yummy!! only thing even moredangerous?? some ice cream to go with it!
:eek:

directmailscrapper
11-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I just sent the recipe to my fellow Weight Watchers -- one of them is going to figure out how many points... I don't want to know -- but I think I'm going to try this with Emily tonite...

tojoco
11-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Holy Smokes! How could you do this to us, Sarah? LOL I'll be trying this tonight with the two seniors staying at my house for the next 2 weeks.

loobylou
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
hey, I told you it was dangerous- clearly stated in my title, but all of you thrill seekers looked anyway!!!
I just added some photos. Not particularly attractive, but looks great served with icecream.

Christie
11-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Oh yum!!! That sounds really good and super easy!

loobylou
11-25-2008, 08:28 PM
I finally made this myself today- with a couple of adjustments.
I used self-raising flour (I think you call it all-purpose flour).
I reduced the oil to 2 tablespoons (still very moist)
I didn't have choc chips, so I added glace cherries instead (yum, but they all stayed down the bottom),
I added a pinch of salt as Sherry suggested.

This recipe definately makes 2 serves when cut in half, about the size of 2 muffins.