PDA

View Full Version : Need some leftover turkey inspiration

CharityHand
11-29-2008, 11:12 AM
I have about 3-4 pounds of leftover Turkey and aside from making sandwiches, I need a little inspiration.

A long time ago I attended a pampered chef party where she made a ring with it and added dried cranberries, but that's all I remember.

Anyone have any ideas to share??

workin4stamps
11-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Check out this page on allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Thanksgiving-Leftovers/Detail.aspx

teabear
11-29-2008, 11:33 AM
If you also have leftover gravy, Shepherd's Pie is really easy to make. In a baking pan, can be 8 x 8 or 9 x 13, depending on size of family and leftovers. Spray pan with cooking spray. Put cut up meat in bottom of pan, cover with veggies-canned or frozen are ok. Pour gravy over that. Spread mashed potatos over the whole thing. Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes until gravy is bubbly and potatoes are browned. You can also add cheese on top or in the mashed potatoes.

This works with almost any leftovers. My son and hubby are gobbling up the turkey fast here, so I'll make mine with ground turkey from the freezer and the leftover gravy and potatos that they haven't been eating.

workin4stamps
11-29-2008, 11:42 AM
If you also have leftover gravy, Shepherd's Pie is really easy to make. In a baking pan, can be 8 x 8 or 9 x 13, depending on size of family and leftovers. Spray pan with cooking spray. Put cut up meat in bottom of pan, cover with veggies-canned or frozen are ok. Pour gravy over that. Spread mashed potatos over the whole thing. Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes until gravy is bubbly and potatoes are browned. You can also add cheese on top or in the mashed potatoes.

This works with almost any leftovers. My son and hubby are gobbling up the turkey fast here, so I'll make mine with ground turkey from the freezer and the leftover gravy and potatos that they haven't been eating.

that sounds yummy! Although I didn't bring home any leftover turkey this year. If I was at your house though Tami, I would definitely be eating the potatoes and gravy for you!!!

directmailscrapper
11-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Turkey Tettrazinni? A family favorite at my house. Everytime my nephew comes over the first question he asks is if we are having Turkey Tettrazinni (I usually use chicken). I simplified my original recipe and everyone loves it just the same.

Simple Tettrazinni

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1-1/2 cans of milk
1-2 cans chicken broth
1 buillion cube
4 T margarine (I never use this)
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp marjorem
1 T dried onion flakes
1/2 cup + parmesan cheese
8 oz or more shredded cheddar
1-1/2 box pasta -- I like the mini bow ties
8-10 uncooked chicken strips or like amount of cooked turkey/chicken

Combine soup, milk, 1 can of broth, buillion and seasonings in pot, cook until smooth. If your chicken is raw, include it at the beginning and cook until no longer pink.

Cook pasta in salted water until not quite done. In large casserole dish, combine soup mixture with meat and pasta. Sprinkle cheeses on top, mix in (I like a lot of cheese in mine!) Top with a bit more cheese. Add the remaining can of chicken broth until it covers about 2/3 of the pasta. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10-15.

Christie
11-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Turkey salad sandwiches!!!! I didn't have any turkey at all leftover :(

CharityHand
11-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Turkey Tettrazinni? A family favorite at my house. Everytime my nephew comes over the first question he asks is if we are having Turkey Tettrazinni (I usually use chicken). I simplified my original recipe and everyone loves it just the same.

Simple Tettrazinni

2 cans cream of chicken soup
1-1/2 cans of milk
1-2 cans chicken broth
1 buillion cube
4 T margarine (I never use this)
1 tsp celery salt
1/2 tsp marjorem
1 T dried onion flakes
1/2 cup + parmesan cheese
8 oz or more shredded cheddar
1-1/2 box pasta -- I like the mini bow ties
8-10 uncooked chicken strips or like amount of cooked turkey/chicken

Combine soup, milk, 1 can of broth, buillion and seasonings in pot, cook until smooth. If your chicken is raw, include it at the beginning and cook until no longer pink.

Cook pasta in salted water until not quite done. In large casserole dish, combine soup mixture with meat and pasta. Sprinkle cheeses on top, mix in (I like a lot of cheese in mine!) Top with a bit more cheese. Add the remaining can of chicken broth until it covers about 2/3 of the pasta. Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10-15.

Thanks for the recipe. This is on the menu for tomorrow night!

CharityHand
11-30-2008, 12:11 PM

This sounds yummy and my husband would love it too. Thanks! I'm going to make a batch of this.

teabear
11-30-2008, 01:54 PM
I don't have an ounce of turkey left here....a 13 yo has a huge appetite. Just put some soup in the crockpot using chicken. LOL I hope you like the shepherd's pie. Nancy's tettrazinni sounds so yummy.

iloveflipflops
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
This is what's on the Thacker menu tonight and its my FAVORITE all-time turkey leftover meal.

Creamed Turkey (serves only 2 but you can double the recipe if you need more)

Melt 3 tablespoons butter. Blend in 2 tablespoons flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bubble up. Take off heat, add 1 cup of milk and stir. Put back on the medium heat and keep stirring till it thickens (it thickens within a minute or so). Add left-over turkey and just heat through.

I serve this over bread, toast or rolls. I just love it!!